What's new

Longest Lasting Sandalwood? Help!

Gents...I know this has been debated before but I'd like to revisit this topic.

I want to pick up some Sandalwood EDT and I need the forums help to select.

I dont want to spend 50 bucks on something that doesnt last.

What are your picks for a nice Sandalwood EDT with lasting power.

Shermdog

PS. I have used Taylors, AOS, and C&E and love them all for shaving creams and soaps. Just need an EDT to go with them.

The longest lasting EDT is probably Art of Shaving. Very concentrated and long lasting. Use sparingly.

My favorite is Floris Sandalwood. The scent last on my person about 8 hours.

Shermdog said:
Gents...I know this has been debated before but I'd like to revisit this topic.

I want to pick up some Sandalwood EDT and I need the forums help to select.

I dont want to spend 50 bucks on something that doesnt last.

What are your picks for a nice Sandalwood EDT with lasting power.

Shermdog

PS. I have used Taylors, AOS, and C&E and love them all for shaving creams and soaps. Just need an EDT to go with them.
Howdy Shermdog,
Lasting power has a great deal to do with body chemistry and the carriers used to contain the EO or FO. I have a few different sandalwood colognes, but my favorite fragrance is not the longest lasting. What can I say? (Buy C&E (Single Note) and carry the bottle with you! :wink2: :wink2: )

guenron said:
Howdy Shermdog,
Lasting power has a great deal to do with body chemistry and the carriers used to contain the EO or FO. I have a few different sandalwood colognes, but my favorite fragrance is not the longest lasting. What can I say? (Buy C&E (Single Note) and carry the bottle with you! :wink2: :wink2: )

C&E is probably my favorite Sandalwood. I have the cream and the soap. Does the EDT last at all?

Shermdog said:
C&E is probably my favorite Sandalwood. I have the cream and the soap. Does the EDT last at all?
Yes, it does. The way I keep "Happy" with it is that I layer the fragrance, i.e. shower with the C&E Sandlawood Bath and Body Wash, use C&E Sandalwood deodorant stick, shave with C&E or QED sandalwood soap, use C&E sandalwood aftershave balm, all followed by a liberal application (aka bath in) C&E Aromatic Sandalwood EdT. I'll sit at my desk enjoying my own personal sandalwood aroma for about 4 or 5 hours.

Hello Pardner in Plano,

I have Taylor Sandalwood EDT. Lasts all day on me. Perfect companion to Taylor Sandalwood cream and Taylor Sandalwood talc. Have to pick up the Taylor Sandalwood shower gel sometime in a future order.

I have also heard good reviews on C&E Sandalwood and Floris.

Cheers,

Richard
Legacy & Custer

Shermdog:
My Trumper's sandalwood lasts longer on me than any other brand or scent I own. As Ron mentioned, he likes a single note which Trumper's is not. It is my personal favorite however. C&E sure is nice though!

Jerry

OK guys...I see a theme developing...

Everyone has their favorite but there is no clear single favorite! :scared:

Maybe it means I can't go wrong. Or maybe I will need to buy them all!

EDT Acquisition Disorder....on the way.

Shermdog

In Plano too
Tollway and Parker

It just reinforces how subjective individual reaction to scents can be. That's why It's so difficult to recommend a fragrance to anyone.

Shermdog,
Please note that I have them both (plus another two), and enjoy them both:
full
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Without question AOS Sandalwood cologne. I have trumpers, taylors, Caswell Massey, etc and AOS is the strongest and the most "single" noted cologne.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't really get into Taylor's Sandalwood. I have a bottle that I almost never touch... :frown:

Longest lasting on me is a tie between AOS Sandalwood and Trumper's. They are vastly different scents, but I love them both. AOS is more the single note - but I have to say they both of these are some of my "staples."

I'm waiting patiently for Charles to release the B&B cologne... That has a good dose of Sandalwood EO and lasts quite a while on me (6-8 hours).

HlSheppard said:
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't really get into Taylor's Sandalwood. I haved a bottle that I almost never touch... :frown:

Longest lasting on me is a tie between AOS Sandalwood and Trumper's. They are vastly different scents, but I love them both. AOS is more the single note - but I have to say they both of these are some of my "staples."

I'm waiting patiently for Charles to release the B&B cologne... That has a good dose of Sandalwood EO and lasts quite a while on me (6-8 hours).

I really tried to like the Taylor's Sandalwood, especially after the rave reviews it gets from lots of gents. In the end, it didn't work for me - too dry an aroma if that makes sense. I love the C&E Sandalwood, and have placed some not so subtle hints with SWMBO that I am looking for the EdT, balm, etc. for the holidays

HlSheppard said:
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't really get into Taylor's Sandalwood. I have a bottle that I almost never touch... :frown:

The B&B EDT is unreal! I wish Charles made it in a bigger size. If only he would make an entire line of the B&B....soaps, shampoo, body wash, etc. I have the Shave Stick and it is good enough to eat!

Shermdog said:

The B&B EDT is unreal! I wish Charles made it in a bigger size.

Believe it or not the B&B scent is actually a COLOGNE (IMHO it seems more like an EDT as well)! And the even better news is a bigger size is forthcoming! :a14:

Charles just needs to settle up some packaging issues along with some gentle "nudging" by us! :biggrin: :a53:

Top Bottom