What's new

Posting from work

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I notice a lot of people posting during the day. Many of them make it obvious that they are at work. I was just curious, how many post from work?

When I'm at work I'm too busy working to post. Aside from that I don't think it's right to play on the company dime. Not to mention that everything posted from work is the property of the company. Makes it pretty easy for them to create a paper trail for when they want to get rid of a few people.

What do others think?

OldSaw said:
I notice a lot of people posting during the day. Many of them make it obvious that they are at work. I was just curious, how many post from work?

When I'm at work I'm too busy working to post. Aside from that I don't think it's right to play on the company dime. Not to mention that everything posted from work is the property of the company. Makes it pretty easy for them to create a paper trail for when they want to get rid of a few people.

What do others think?

I only post from work. :biggrin1:

I'm a freelance designer/animator. That means that I'm pretty much working all of the time, even when watching TV, reading or playing games. I take little breaks to check on B&B while doing renders, going nuts or just not feeling like working.

I'm working right now, actually (10:50 Pacific). Doing some test renders (3D work for packaging for a new product). I'm so not interested, but I have crazy deadlines, and a full weekend of wedding planning stuff.

Everyone's got a story, is the point. :biggrin:

Yer gonna get a long wit me an Jo fer sure dahlin' woooohooo

There is an equalizing base.. somewhere along the rainbow that allows men and women to speak the same language... sometimes only for a night....

Tell me WHY can't men use a soap covered triple blade for 2-3 years now.... :confused:

Mama Bear said:
Yer gonna get a long wit me an Jo fer sure dahlin' woooohooo

There is an equalizing base.. somewhere along the rainbow that allows men and women to speak the same language... sometimes only for a night....

Tell me WHY can't men use a soap covered triple blade for 2-3 years now.... :confused:

Someday we'll find it. The rainbow connection. The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

I believe in the practice of you "go to work to work". However, I set aside 5 minutes every hour to do what I want. Unless I have a customer in front of me...I do just that. In the past, I have completed crossword puzzles and other mundane tasks, all for the sake of clearing my mind and not allowing "work" to be my focus. Spending 8 straight hours without clearing the mind is like working 6 hours. Take a few minutes each hour to clear your head and you can be more productive.

Randy

Alright, I have shrugged off my Joanna influence and am trying to be straightforward for a change. I used to own a mid sized business.... I also have AAHD... whatever that is.

What it boils down to is that I can be extremely brilliant in short bursts.... the rest of the time, Joanna controls my mind thoughts and I succumb to fun and laughter. It is rough, but as long as I know my limitations... :)w00t: ) I have a beyond the line IQ.... Somehow this is only sustainable with short bursts of Joanna influenced hysterical laughter....

So basically, if you believe all of this BS, I am all for regular outbursts.. 8-10 hours a day of controlled output actually left me in the sand... give me 5 minutes of ?? and Lord knows what you will get! We can't all be brilliant all the time...

But then again, I remember my ex employee and fantasy football.... gggggrrrrrrrrr...

There is a limit. We tend to know our own.

I work out of my home office unless I am at a client's office. I am usually working on projects, writing proformas, etc, on one window and I have B&B and SMF on other windows. Although it may show that I am online most of the times I am busy working or on the phone.

I guess I will have to dock myself pay for goofing off. :tongue:

rtaylor61 said:
I believe in the practice of you "go to work to work". However, I set aside 5 minutes every hour to do what I want. Unless I have a customer in front of me...I do just that. In the past, I have completed crossword puzzles and other mundane tasks, all for the sake of clearing my mind and not allowing "work" to be my focus. Spending 8 straight hours without clearing the mind is like working 6 hours. Take a few minutes each hour to clear your head and you can be more productive.

Randy

I agree to whats most have been said here taking breaks is good.
I have no clue what MAma Bear is ranting about I think she missed her pills this morning ? Sue your a genious you know that dont you ! :lol:

You wont get too much responds either because even writing here that you take time off from the boss could be eventually used against you aswell !
even though I find it goes against the privacy Law . Big Brother is watching you.

I mean you really want 100% company time no one does that (and you cant forbid people to use WWW or block everything I need WWW for my work ) have you ever counted the smoking breaks your collegeaus take ? I have one at work that easily gets over 1 hour of smoking if I count up all his mini breaks to suck and puff his Herbal refreshments as he himself so proudly calls them... offcourse outside the office because its forbidden to smoke in public areas in Holland. GOOD ! and when he gets back the ODOUR from his mouth..oh..dont get me started on smoking..lucky I dont have to kiss him his wife takes care of that I think...

You get personal time such as breaks, lunch, dinner and you can do what you want then.

Some gentlemen from the past such as Dickens and Goldsmith would love to talk with you about your concept of work. :biggrin:

Mama Bear said:
Alright, I have shrugged off my Joanna influence and am trying to be straightforward for a change. I used to own a mid sized business.... I also have AAHD... whatever that is.

What it boils down to is that I can be extremely brilliant in short bursts.... the rest of the time, Joanna controls my mind thoughts and I succumb to fun and laughter. It is rough, but as long as I know my limitations... :)w00t: ) I have a beyond the line IQ.... Somehow this is only sustainable with short bursts of Joanna influenced hysterical laughter....

So basically, if you believe all of this BS, I am all for regular outbursts.. 8-10 hours a day of controlled output actually left me in the sand... give me 5 minutes of ?? and Lord knows what you will get! We can't all be brilliant all the time...

But then again, I remember my ex employee and fantasy football.... gggggrrrrrrrrr...

There is a limit. We tend to know our own.

Sure. Blame ME. :001_tt2:

Just so long as I get my work done, and don't ignore anyone needing my help, I have no problems at all posting from work. After all, I don't get paid to stare blankly into space when I'm not busy, either...
I might consider not posting from work the day the friendly folks in the government start paying overtime for those times we work 22 hours straight...or double time for those times I am working on Christmas day, Easter, or even weekends....
I feel it evens out. If I have something to do, I do it. If there is idle time, I have no problems with coming here.
John P.

I started to post a little from work this year. Why not? I'm the boss at my place. Mind you, I only do it for a few minutes, then back to work.

Jeff

with my computer down at home...i am FORCED to read and POST while at work...it's a dangerous mission, but as a dedicated moderator...nothing but the best for my B&B comrades !!!! :thumbup:

mark the shoeshine boy said:
with my computer down at home...i am FORCED to read and POST while at work...it's a dangerous mission, but as a dedicated moderator...nothing but the best for my B&B comrades !!!! :thumbup:

Now get back to work! :a53:

kennethw said:
I'm a freelance designer/animator. Doing some test renders ...

I do the same thing, and god knows staring in the monitor while the PC crunches numbers is no fun at all...

Nenad

Yeah I read and post at work, I take short breaks from my work as it's pretty boring. However I probably shouldn't, forums are classed as chat sites in our companys' IT policy so they could probably fire me for coming here if they so wished.

Top Bottom