What's new

Free pipe tobacco?

Did something similar a while ago. Altidas sends you an absolute metric butt load of various aromatic pipe tobaccos of likely low to middlin quality.

Free pipe tobacco?

proxy.php

most of the altadis blends I've tried (about 7 I think), have been mediocre to terrible; with one exception being Count Pulaski (not great but enjoyable). Altadis blends are dirt cheap so you basicly get what you pay for, IMHO, YMMV etc.

Thank you for the info. Thus far I have sampled "Count Pulaski" and "Blue Note" both are decent. My wife enjoys the room note of "Blue Note".

Is this stuff any better or worse than something like Captain Black?

I'm looking to try a pipe for the first time without spending too much. For now, the cheaper the better so when SWMBO shakes her head and wags her finger I can say it didn't cost much. :biggrin:

BTW, I love the smell of pipe's but I still look way too young for a pipe.(young looking 36 here, so I'm told) Thinking you need gray hair to pull one off, and a beard is definitely a plus. Knew a guy in his early 20's who was trying to take up pipe smoking and looked utterly ridiculous. On the other hand I might be a cigar natural. A lot of people say I could be a Soprano's cast member when they see smoking a stogie:wink:

BTW, I love the smell of pipe's but I still look way too young for a pipe.(young looking 36 here, so I'm told) Thinking you need gray hair to pull one off, and a beard is definitely a plus. Knew a guy in his early 20's who was trying to take up pipe smoking and looked utterly ridiculous. On the other hand I might be a cigar natural. A lot of people say I could be a Soprano's cast member when they see smoking a stogie:wink:

I hear what your saying as I'm 27 and look like I'm 18 (damn baby face!). I've recently picked up pipe smoking with a corn cob (automatically doubles the ridiculous factor). I'm not gonna lie and say that I don't occasionally feel foolish smoking it outside of my apartment, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. I'm really enjoying it and finding it to be a whole heck of a lot cheaper than my beloved cigars. Needless to say, I hope to enjoy both in moderation for some time to come.

:thumbsup:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I hear what your saying as I'm 27 and look like I'm 18 (damn baby face!). I've recently picked up pipe smoking with a corn cob (automatically doubles the ridiculous factor). I'm not gonna lie and say that I don't occasionally feel foolish smoking it outside of my apartment, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. I'm really enjoying it and finding it to be a whole heck of a lot cheaper than my beloved cigars. Needless to say, I hope to enjoy both in moderation for some time to come.

:thumbsup:

Just don the old sable hat and you will automatically age 10-20 years. :lol:

I recently received the samples -- one pouch of Blue Note (an ok aromatic), one pouch of Fox & Hound (an English blend which I found tasty) and a pouch of Irish Cream an aromatic I didn't care for. Give them a try -- the price is right.

Isn't vanity a royal pain in the a**? I'm 38 and have been smoking a pipe for a few years. SWMBO refers to me as "Captain Ahab" or "old man" and my 10 year old son calls me "Frosty" when I smoke a cob. Oh well, the dogs don't mind and I enjoy a bowl very much. Do what makes you happy naysayers be damned!!!:wink:

There's no such thing as a free lunch (Or pipe tobacco) :biggrin:

You got that straight! I coughed up my address to Altadis for a couple "free" Montecristos last year and, while the cigars did arrive safe and sound, so too did several JR Cigar catalogs. Now, every time some random junk mail arrives, I wonder: Is this the result of Altadis USA selling my mailing address?

Yes. I'm waiting for my "free" pipe tobacco. :w00t:

I pay about $2 per ounce of my favorites. (Iwan Ries 3star Blue, Uhle's House of Uhle, and Uhle's Blend 232) I just don't see a need to fill my pipe with subpar tobacco just to save a handful of pennies. That's half the beauty of pipe smoking, the really nice smoke won't cost you an arm and a leg.

*Iwan Ries ships orders with a full catalog. That's a dangerous book to browse.

Top Bottom