What's new

Incident at Wounded Chin or (How I cut my chin)

I'm posting this because it could have been avoided.

Around the chin, I have stubble that can be removed if I open up my Progress up to 5. Mind you, I had a Gillette Swede loaded.

With more pressure than was necessary, and the Progress all the way dialed up, the razor hit my chin at the improper angle; and I knew it. I could even see the skin it peeled away.

Anyway, A scab has since formed, and I apply Thayers Superhazel, and Polysporin every day.

I'm glad I kept my handles: Because I think they afforded me a lot of control around the area where the scab had formed, But to shave over the area, I used my electric.

My suggestions:

I think
a way to avoid this type of cut, is before every stroke, have the razor meet the face flush against the head of the razor, then roll the razor down, until you hear the cutting noise.

Another member's post (was it OldSaw?) got me thinking about pressure, as his post was about pressure, and he went on to describe it very well in his post.

A word about Pressure.

I think of my facial area as delicate as a bubble that a child would blow out of a plastic jar of soap suds with a screw top.

So as you shave, try not to burst the bubble.

I hope I've prevented someone from getting cut in the way I did.

I did the same thing a few months ago and experienced the exact result. I had my Mergress opened up and got careless,it took a week for the cut to heal and I had a small scar for a couple months. Mekurs opened up are the closest thing to a straight shave that I have found. Of all the razors I have owned the Mergress was the most challenging to master. I see several of them for sale and I often wonder if the owners experienced what we did.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe I've been lucky. Worst I've gotten thus far is this razor burn from a ATG pass in the neck area. :mad: I won't do that again.

Top Bottom