What's new

Ranger? Not a Ranger?

I got a razor the other day that I was pretty sure from the auction pic was a Ranger Tech. When I recieved it I thought it was a Ranger Tech. When I looked closer at it I am now not so sure. I have three Rangers and they don't have the cover on the side. They also have "Pat. Nos on pkg" on the smooth band above the TTO knob. This one says PAT NOS ON PACKAGE on the inside floor of the blade compartment and the ring on the handle is smooth. I haven' t cleaned it completly yet so don't complain about the grubby razor yet! Here are some pics

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

This razor is very similar to the early Super Speeds in that it has no datecode, the side covers, and no notch on the inside bar. Could it have been a transitional razor using up the Ranger handles and the Super Speed heads?

With The Grain said:
neither of my rangers has the covers and conform to the description of yours. i'll have to hit the old book becuase i dont know anymore off hand :001_huh:

I alread did that. He says that the Ranger was pre war and all that but no mention of the covers on the side. I would have thought it was a SS head and a Ranger handle in some sort of swap but all three of my Rangers have the Pat info on the smooth ring above the TTO knob. This one has nothing at all there.

Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread, but is it possible to date the Rangers? If not, what date range where they made? Thanks :)

Used mine for the first time today, great little shaver, albeit I am unused to not having the ability to adjust!

Top Bottom