What's new

alum block

hi folks' just a quick question. is it wise to use an alum block as a complete after shave balm or just for cuts & nicks ?

hi folks' just a quick question. is it wise to use an alum block as a complete after shave balm or just for cuts & nicks ?

I believe so, Helps to heal the small cuts and close the pores and helps to tighten the face....And yes its safe.....there is already 2 or 3 threads talking about the difference between aluminum and potassium alum......

I wouldn't use it as a complete aftershave product. Most of us who use it apply it all over our faces but after a few moments when its done its job we wash it off and apply aftershave.

Can also be used as deodorant. Works nice for sensitive skin. If you are using it just for aftershave, only use every other day as it isnt good for your skin for every day use.

+3

Although a barber I know was horrifed that I used an alum block in that fashion. I quite like it though and still use it after most shaves. I apply it after a cold rinse. leave on while I tidy up after shaving, and then wash off.

Sorry to break this chain of happy alum users, but it doesn't really do anything for me! I have gone back to it from time to time, but still NOTHING! I'd say put the money towards a bottle of Musgo Real!

Top Bottom