What's new

New camera **Large Pics**

I got tired of using my cell phone for pics so I broke down and bought my first digital camera. It's a Panasonic DMC-TZ5.

Here are a couple of my better pics so far. Any questions, comments, or suggestions are welcome.

Enjoy!

Concrete Giants
proxy.php

Sleepy
proxy.php

Rainy Narrows
proxy.php

The Blues
proxy.php

Detail
proxy.php

Old & Weathered
proxy.php

How far away was the concrete gaints? They don't seem to be in focus as well as the other pictures, but they appear to be rather LARGE so that might be why focus is different. Other than that I thought the pictures where very interesting, I would like to see more pictures you took.

The galloping girdy! Washington ST. is a great place. I walked over that bridge back around '94 when I spent a month on a tiny island in the Pugent Sound near the narrows bridge. Good times...

The galloping girdy! Washington ST. is a great place. I walked over that bridge back around '94 when I spent a month on a tiny island in the Pugent Sound near the narrows bridge. Good times...

They recently finished the 2nd Narrows Bridge. One bridge each direction, helps a lot with the traffic.

I have yet to walk across it though, I'll have to put it on my to-do list.

NorthALABeeKeep, I think I uploaded the wrong file size on PB... here's a lower res...

They are quite tall. Concrete Giants are part of an old sand/gravel mining area where they produced Steilacoom 1, which was used in the concrete of many, well known world buildings. These are some of the hoppers that it was placed in; conveyer belts ran from underneath the hoppers to a loading area for barges.

proxy.php

The photo was taken from a parking/rest area roughly 0.33 mi away, and elevated 200ish feet.

f/4.9, shutter 1/500, iso 100, this was on 3mp at roughly 16x e-zoom (optical x digital), mode 2 stabilization, no tripod.

I'll try getting a better pic in 9mp at 10x optical...

I love the flower shots.

And never use digital zoom. Might as well turn it off in your camera's settings right now.

And never use digital zoom. Might as well turn it off in your camera's settings right now.
This x1000.

You might want to invest in some noise removal software. I used to use Noise Ninja but find that Imagenomic's Noiseware does a better job.

Top Bottom