What's new

Do-It-Yourself Corner

I thought it'd be neat to start a thread where people could show-off their home made creations such as razor racks, brush stands, etc. (There have already been many of these posted throughout the forum, but I thought a central repository may be nice.) I'm sure their must be a lot of ingenuity on B&B, so here's where you get to play Show & Tell. Come on all you DIY'ers (that's Do-It-Yourselfers) -- it's time to dust off your cameras and get snapping! :biggrin:

To get the ball rolling, here's my brush stand that I made from an old metal coat hanger. It still needs a good coat of paint, but that'll come in time.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I have a bunch of stained glass supplies, but haven't found the time to start any projects lately. The copper you see in the picture is actually used to wrap the edges of glass before soldering together. It's great stuff -- sticky on one side, copper on the other. I had originally planned to solder the join; however, I've lent my soldering iron to a friend taking a stained glass workshop. Once I get it back, I will solder the joint permanently and give the whole thing a nice coat of paint.

Ok, this one won't last long (SWMBO is out shopping with a friend, and this thing will be D.O.A.). I saw a bent hanger on the floor in my closet and got inspiration for this:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
TraderJoe said:
Ok, this one won't last long (SWMBO is out shopping with a friend, and this thing will be D.O.A.). I saw a bent hanger on the floor in my closet and got inspiration for this:

full

This brush stand will self destruct in 5..4..3..2........ SWMBO is home!!!!!!!

Gatorade said:
Depends on if she had Diet Coke on the drive home or not!

hmm...maybe she won't see it if I spray-paint it black. i could also unscrew a few lights in the bathroom so that its even harder to see. :cool:

TraderJoe said:
hmm...maybe she won't see it if I spray-paint it black. i could also unscrew a few lights in the bathroom so that its even harder to see. :cool:

Just make sure she isn't running to the bathroom, flip up the seat lid, lid hits the hanger, sends brush flying toward her, lands in her hair, she thinks a small rodent wearing armor is attacking her and she destroys your brush.

Gatorade said:
Just make sure she isn't running to the bathroom, flip up the seat lid, lid hits the hanger, sends brush flying toward her, lands in her hair, she thinks a small rodent wearing armor is attacking her and she destroys your brush.

Are you suggesting that I duct-tape it to the counter? Good idea!

Luckily, the Lid actually goes up without compromising the stand.

TraderJoe said:
Are you suggesting that I duct-tape it to the counter? Good idea!

Luckily, the Lid actually goes up without compromising the stand.

That sir is planning, forethought and mixed media art, all in one!

TraderJoe said:

full

But she is alright with the plant in the beer bottle? :confused:

Well, I'm very happy to report that not only is she happy with the beer-bottle-bamboo, but the brush stand went un-noticed! :lol:

As expected, she headed right for the bathroom when she got in....I remained still and quiet. She came out to tell me about her travels today and didn't mention the brush stand. I had to actually ask her what she thought of it: "yeah its fine" "blah blah blah"

Victory.

Top Bottom