What's new

"Desert Island" setup?

After poring over all the different topics here, I was wondering what is everyone's "desert island" shaving set if they had to choose only one of each item for the rest of their lives?

1. One Razor
2. One Brush
3. One Soap/Cream
4. One Aftershave

I know it's like choosing which child you love the most, but like the highlander, they can only be one.

--Dennis

58 Tv Special
Rooney Alibaba 2( although the Plisson on its way is sure to secure the spot)
TOBS Mr. Taylor
L'Occitane Cade ASB

Umm... On a desert island, I probably wouldn't shave... This would be the chance to finally grow out a beard without worrying about it looking like crud.

If I had to shave

Super Adjustable
brush whittled from a cocunut tree and supplied with a knot from goldennib
Tabac
Royall Bay Rhum

Do I get a solar furnace to heat towels or water?

Razor
If I'd managed to salvage any canned goods from the wreck, a handheld blade or "straight" fashioned from the lid of a tin. Otherwise, a piece of volcanic glass or glass made from beach sand and ashes.

Brush
Until I'd saved enough of the longest tail-hairs from the local monkeys, I'd probably just hand-lather.

Soap/Cream
Soap made from wood-ash lye and rendered pygmy-goat fat, along with clay from the local deposits that seemed the finest.

Aftershave
As long as I'd salvaged some tin and/or glass items from the wreck, I'd be able to run a low-efficiency makeshift still and distill a kind of brandy from local fruits and berries which should make a decent aftershave.

Brush: Rooney 3/1
Razor: Gillette NEW (with a short comb, not the long comb)
Blade: Crystal
Cream: Tom's of Maine mint (I'm assuming this desert island is in the tropics :biggrin:)
ASB: Keihl's Ultimate Men's After-Shave Balm and Moisturizer

Razor
If I'd managed to salvage any canned goods from the wreck, a handheld blade or "straight" fashioned from the lid of a tin. Otherwise, a piece of volcanic glass or glass made from beach sand and ashes.

Brush
Until I'd saved enough of the longest tail-hairs from the local monkeys, I'd probably just hand-lather.

Soap/Cream
Soap made from wood-ash lye and rendered pygmy-goat fat, along with clay from the local deposits that seemed the finest.

Aftershave
As long as I'd salvaged some tin and/or glass items from the wreck, I'd be able to run a low-efficiency makeshift still and distill a kind of brandy from local fruits and berries which should make a decent aftershave.
With the tough times potentially coming this should be made into a sticky! :biggrin:

Well let's see...
Razor: Schick Krona with Derby blades
Brush: AOS Pure Badger
Soap: L'Occitane en Provence Cade, triple milled will last a looong time
A/S: Old Spice

Big +1 on the pygmy-goat fat soap. My face feels so conditioned after I shave with it, I really don't even need to apply the fish-eye balm, although I do anyway (love the scent).

OK:

Merkur Classic
Red Personna 'totem pole' pack (10,000 blades)
Proraso 'stranded shaver' 1 metric ton tub
Cheapo no-name badger brush
hollowed out half-coconut shave bowl

Big +1 on the pygmy-goat fat soap. My face feels so conditioned after I shave with it, I really don't even need to apply the fish-eye balm, although I do anyway (love the scent).

OoOo! Good one! I'll bet the vitreous humour from an eye makes a great ASB!

I'd just bring my current setup:

Gillette Slim Adjustable with Feathers or Derbys
C&E BBB
Ogalalla Bay Rum soap & Aftershave

Maybe Silver Mountain Water or Chanel Platinum Egoiste for those magical evenings when the island goats start looking especially attractive. :eek:

Top Bottom