What's new

Soap Racks

Hi All,

I'm just getting in to using soap as a shower wash. It is more economical and the smell can be great! Just wondering how you chaps deal with more than one bar of soap at once. All the soap dishes I've seen are designed for one bar of soap. I'd rather not have a lot of individual dishes all around my bathroom, so wondered if you'd come across something geared towards the serious soaper who wishes to enjoy a different fragrance each day!

I had a friend years ago, he and his wife both used bar soaps, but different ones. He bought two identical soap dishes and connected them with heavy gage wire at the four corners. He did it in such a fashion that it looked factory and allowed them to hang two soap dishes from the shower head; I'd assume you could do something like this with as many soap dishes as you'd like.

This is not exactly how mine looks but it's the same basic concept. Mine has a spring loaded bar holding it between the ceiling and bathtub ledge. Three basket shelves for holding soaps, shampoos and washclothes etc. There are several varieties on the market for purchase at discount stores all the way to upper tier bath and body boutiques.

View attachment 32638

Eagle's suggestion is what I have, pretty much. I just put whichever soap I happen to use on the day in a dish on the edge of my bath.

Alternatively, if you have tiles, you can get those shelves which attach to tiles by use of suction cups - that way, it increases your floor space and you can move it around as it suits you.

Maybe you can hang some hooks in the bath, put your soap bars in nylon stocking and hang them on the hooks. Sort of like soap on a rope.

Hi All,

I'm just getting in to using soap as a shower wash. It is more economical and the smell can be great! Just wondering how you chaps deal with more than one bar of soap at once. All the soap dishes I've seen are designed for one bar of soap. I'd rather not have a lot of individual dishes all around my bathroom, so wondered if you'd come across something geared towards the serious soaper who wishes to enjoy a different fragrance each day!

Haha, I suppose either will work....which ever you can manage to steal from your SO's stash and not risk bodily harm.

those 3m commander removable adhesive hooks seem like they would work well for hanging.

What is the best to use, new or used nylon stockings?

Top Bottom