What's new

Pls Help ID an Ever-Ready SE Razor

I picked up an Ever-Ready SE Razor on The Bay and need some help to identify it. Its not the standard 1912 patd model.

Its silver colored with a thick six-sided handle. There are hatch marks along the edge of each side. On the reverse of the razor head there is a latch, which is pushed up to open it. Inside it says "Ever-Ready BKlyn, NY, USA Pat'd applied for." Midway down each side of the head there are prongs, the SE razor blade have indents on their sides which fit into the prongs. I always had wondered why the SE blade had indents.

Can anyone help ID this razor and give me some approx. dates that it had been made. Was it pre or post 1912?

Thanks

proxy.php

I think it is still a 1912 just opens the other way. I have one on the way now myself... Tom and Dave will chime in here soon to say if I am wrong or not.

Fuzzy

:001_rolle
I think it is still a 1912 just opens the other way. I have one on the way now myself... Tom and Dave will chime in here soon to say if I am wrong or not.

Fuzzy

No, I'm not really very well versed on Ever Readys. I'm working on it, but I suspect Dave is way ahead of me on ER identification. He is my SE guru. Remember, up until recently, SE's were just another side track in my collection. Even though I had quite a few, I hadn't really had as much interest as I had in DE's. I have several that I haven't even cataloged.

It was just a couple of months ago that I tried using the older model Gems and saw the light that made me a SE user and fancier. :w00t:

As far as the collection, I still can be led astray by a pretty DE model that is nicer than what I may currently have, or a model that I don't have at all, but now, I must admit, I'm concentrating more time and effort in learning more about SE's.

I've definitely become inflicted with a new virus . . . the SERAD has got a good grip on me of late. :001_rolle

Regards,
Tom

Thanks for the info and update everyone and special thanks to Dave. Good knowledge of the world of SE shaving can be found here. Its a very nice razor in appearance with a shiny chromy head and good weight. I havent taken it out for a test shave yet but it looks good.

:001_rolle

No, I'm not really very well versed on Ever Readys. I'm working on it, but I suspect Dave is way ahead of me on ER identification. He is my SE guru. Remember, up until recently, SE's were just another side track in my collection. Even though I had quite a few, I hadn't really had as much interest as I had in DE's. I have several that I haven't even cataloged.

It was just a couple of months ago that I tried using the older model Gems and saw the light that made me a SE user and fancier. :w00t:

As far as the collection, I still can be led astray by a pretty DE model that is nicer than what I may currently have, or a model that I don't have at all, but now, I must admit, I'm concentrating more time and effort in learning more about SE's.

I've definitely become inflicted with a new virus . . . the SERAD has got a good grip on me of late. :001_rolle

Regards,
Tom

i feel like i should have a floating carpet :tongue:

Thanks for the info and update everyone and special thanks to Dave. Good knowledge of the world of SE shaving can be found here. Its a very nice razor in appearance with a shiny chromy head and good weight. I havent taken it out for a test shave yet but it looks good.

youre welcome. if you have any questions, drop me a PM.

I can not wait for my wall mount to get here.... WOOHOO!!!

I am like you Tom kinda new to this,. But very well hooked...

Fuzzy

Top Bottom