What's new

Homage to the shaving gods!

Well, I found Ogallala bay rum the other day. And.. yah, I got it in the mail today. OMG!!! Its so good! The shave soaps from Ogallala are amazing!
Secondly, I did the 'stropping' method mentioned on the boards where you scrape the razor inside a smooth glass with hot water before using it. Similar to corking I guess, but I don't have any corks! Anyhoo... Today was an absolutely amazing shave. The soaps I bought were the sample set, and I decided to try the lemongrass first. It smells great, and lathered perfectly. I got 4 full passes and a few touch ups with lather to spare.
I soaked the puck with 3 or 4 drops of hot water, then swirled in a mug about 5 times with brush, then used another hot mug to make the lather. I barely used any product at all, and got plenty of lather.
I'm using feather blades, and I loved them before I tried the strop idea, but now they are even better! I had a couple minor weepers on my neck, directly down from my chin, but for some reason I always get those, no matter the blade now. I think I just have a bumpy neck lol
Anyway, I am amazed by my shave today, and can't hardly wait to wake up early tomorrow to shave again!
on a side note, I also bought the cologne, and dry skin balm. How happy I was to see aftershave, and two other bottles of sample scents as my free gift. Truth be told though, I don't know what the two extra bottles have in them! Cologne maybe? Air freshener sample? aftershave sample? I really don't know, but they smell great! :p (only the cologne and aftershave say what they are, other 2 just say what scent.)

Secondly, I did the 'stropping' method mentioned on the boards where you scrape the razor inside a smooth glass with hot water before using it. Similar to corking I guess, but I don't have any corks!

What a wonderful excuse to buy, and drink a bottle of wine!

I bet there is a difference in cork. Probably the ocean temperature makes a better cork. Someone should really do a 7 ocean cork test.
We will also need to know:
1. Sun dried
2. Kiln dried
3. Free range or grown in a pool
4. Tax increase for importing said cork
5. Method of cutting the cork
6. If dolphins were hurt in the process.
7. Certainly the hole size, holes per inch will matter this needs to be measured and reported.
8. In the end the best ones will be hard to find and expensive to get.

Ummm . . . methinks youthinks of sponges. Cork is bark from the cork oak . . .

Doubleplusfunny on the list, though!

Well, I'm LDS so I don't drink the wine. But you can send me your cork if you want :D
And send the empty bottle too, I collect! hah, anyway. Yah I know no idols. I also know the verse, and I do not worship vain things. however.... Ogallala is amazing none the less. I love it so much! (so I say a morning prayer before I shave of course, and put god first!)

Its not a question of where he grips it! Its a question of weight ratios! A 5 ounce bird cound not carry a one pound block of cork wood.

To return to the original purpose of this Monty Python Hijacked thread...

I love Ogallala's scents and it lathers well. I just can't shave with it full strengthed. It burns my skin. However, I have found that if I melt a sample of their scented soap into a full sized unscented puck, I end up with something mild enough that it doesn't cause burns and yet has the scent (a bit weaker than original) and the same lather and shaveability.

Their AS mixes are good too!

Top Bottom