What's new

Success!

I'm one of the "full beard since 9th grade guys". I have always hated shaving to
the point that I used to only take jobs that didn't mind me having a big ole grizzly Adams beard.
My facial hairs can be used as knitting implements and my skin is see through.
Anyway, after a year of procrastination and drooling over Merkurs and a month of lurking here, I found one of the red handled super speeds for $5 at an antique shop, got some cheapo blades, soap and boar brush from wallmart, went to town on the razor with the dremel, soaked it in alcohol, showered and dove in. I am really happy with the results.
I'm on day 4 and I would say that 75% of my face is BBS with a very small amount of burn and 1 tiny nick. I can only attribute my success to reading this forum. Thanks! I fully expect to screw up somehow, so I'm sure that I will be here pleading for solutions, and after a month or so I am going to upgrade everything, so I will be back. Just wanted to say thanks again!

Welcome to the show.. glad you are part of this wonderfull place. Anytime you need something yell .. someone can help I am sure.

Fuzzy

Welcome to B&B! Nice deal on the razor, wish I knew of a place around here like that. I started with the Murker HD, but was 34 bucks about, not to mention shipping. Anyway, gratz on a good shave!

that is a good deal on the razor, im still looking for a place with deals like that. congrats on the great shave. i know how you felt about having to shave, i started growing facial hair when i was 12 and would have an inch of growth in places after only four-five days. dont hesitate to ask questions, ive found everyone here to be more than willing to offer advice. now all you have to do is keep it up and dont be a stranger.

"orgaqualia",

Welcome to B&B and congrats on a good start!

I've been shaving with a DE for about 2 months now and am loving it.

I have a few questions for you, did you use the Dremel tool to polish your razor or just clean it? And if so are you happy with the results? What products did you use?

I just got a '60 Fatboy given to me by my Stepfather that he bought new. It cleaned up nicely using "Scrubbing Bubbles", but I would like to try polishing it. I'm not sure if guys are polishing by hand or using a tool like the Dremel. I'm awaiting delivery of some Maas cream, that was recommended to use.

Happy Shaving!

Just used the dremel to decrud the razor. I don't know about polishing it, I generally use the dremel for cutting and grinding. I would hesitate to attempt too much polishing on old chrome anyway (if indeed that's the finish on the superspeeds). If you have any bubbles you could end up stripping it right off.

Thanks for all of the positive responses!

Top Bottom