What's new

Describe your 5 minute shave

When I travel and change time zones I oversleep on occasion and have to rush to get out of my hotel room to grab a cab. Haven't done that since I started with a DE a month ago, but it will happen.

Suppose I've literally got 5 minutes to grab a shave, and no time to grab a shower. How do I get it done? And no . . . I'm not interested in replies telling me to wake up earlier, or replies about the best travel alarm clocks. I just want to know who's got the 5-minute DE routine I could put to use.

Now that I've switched to DE, I've never looked back. I hate to rush with one, so i don't. When pressed for time, I'll apply a cream (any really, it doesn't matter) brushless. Palmolive usually, because I feel like I'm "wasting" a high-end cream without a brush....

I'll do one pass only, but at my normal pace--not rushed.

Skip the alum and post-shave fussings, and go get dressed!

You should wake up earlier. I'm sure there are forums on the net where you can discuss about the best travel alarm clocks.

Seriously, from my "fast shave" experience, not with a DE though, I usually go only once with the grain. Not the best shave for sure, but it's okay for the day.

Get a shave cream you don't have to use a brush with, smear some on your face, hit one pass with the DE and head out the door.

I agree. My emergency shave "what do you mean we are going out to dinner with your parents? I just walked in the door..." consists of splashing water as hot as the tap can make it on my face for 30 seconds. 30 seconds to lather up. 3 minutes to shave (one pass only with the grain and 2 quick touchups. one minute to splash cold water on the face and rinse well. five seconds to apply aftershave balm as I walk out of the bathrrom and down the stairs.

boom. the 5 minute shave.

But I hate to have to resort to such...savagery. I so appreciate taking the time to shave, and the results are better by an order of magnitude when I am not rushed.

cheers.

-db

I have to admit, when traveling overnight every month or so, I fall back on the easy way. One night at a hotel, I use a Nivea gel, my travel Trac II and my Ogallala bay rum. Simple, not up to what I prefer, but there is alway tomorrow:blushing:

Bold For Men and the razor of your choice... no water other than what is used to rinse the razor and it works unbelievably well. You apply, let it sit for 30 seconds, and shave. Sounds scary, I know... but it works.

http://www.boldformen.com

I have even shaved my head with it, smells good too!

Night I suggest a shave the night before.. then there is no need to worry about the morning shave. I am sure that the quality will not be anyworse in the morning then with a fast shave.

That not withstanding. A fast with the grain using a non brush cream will usually do.
Fuzzy

Neutrogena brushless and one WTG pass, possibly taking a bit more care with it than I would if it were simply a first reduction pass.

When the kids are over at my apartment, I need to get out of the bathroom quicker than usual. I've started using a two-pass shave, XTG then ATG. I feel like the first pass of XTG is the key to a good shave for me. If I had to really rush, and could only do a single pass.....for me it would be XTG.

--steve

Suppose I've literally got 5 minutes to grab a shave, and no time to grab a shower. How do I get it done? And no . . . I'm not interested in replies telling me to wake up earlier, or replies about the best travel alarm clocks. I just want to know who's got the 5-minute DE routine I could put to use.

My emergency shave consists of this:

1. Run the water, fill the sink, wet the brush & do the wet face thing. Razzle the cream on (Ingrams).
2. Grab brush - lather while other bathroom activities are carried out (if you can read the newspaper - you can flick the brush around the kisser)
3. One pass WTG shave & out the door - doesn't feel so hot, but looks presentable.

Plan B - hire a rally driver as your cab driver :lol:Though many already think they are...

2 minutes to prep.
another minute to leather some tabac.
The actual shave takes 1 min. with a mach 3.
1 minute to clean, rinse, apply AS, etc.
Prep-Lather-Shave-Rinse.
I find it hard to remember so I came up with the following phrase
Prevent Long Shave: Rush!

cut too pieces would be my 5 minute shave!!!!! Use KMF and rub in my hands, then my face. Then I try and be very carefully with 2 passes ONLY.

Bold For Men and the razor of your choice... no water other than what is used to rinse the razor and it works unbelievably well. You apply, let it sit for 30 seconds, and shave. Sounds scary, I know... but it works.

http://www.boldformen.com

I have even shaved my head with it, smells good too!

Wonder how that works for sensitive skin?

Active Ingredients
Oat Kernal Extract, Allantoin, Clove Leaf Oil, Ginger Root Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Tea Tree Oil

Sounds good. Wonder what the Inactive ingredients are?

How about 1 ATG pass and let it go? Use red Barbasol because it smells manly. 12.5 oz can is a buck at most dollar type stores.

But...why not take a flash shower to add more time?: Shampoo hair, get your soap on washcloth while rinsing, face, arms, pits, chest, Johnson, crack, rinse and turn in a circle. Three minutes tops. I know, I've timed it.

Top Bottom