What's new

Do it yourself crew cut

For the most part--I have what I like to describe as yamulcha districution male pattern baldness. To avoid my barber/stylist sneaking in a combover, I have it cut all off from a 3.5 to a 2. More recently, I have gone to a stylist for a pseudoclipper and scissor mix--a bit longer than a crew cut but pretty close.

So I am thinking to save time, money, and always be fresh doing it myself. I see that there is a device called a Wahl self clipper. Is this pretty foolproof or could I make a mess of myself if for instance I wanted to do a 2 clipper cut with slight tapering.

Also what device to buy?

Like yourself, I'm follically challenged and I got fed up paying about £8 for a quick once over with the electric clippers.

I bought a Remington hair clipper somewhere and I do it myself. Only takes a few minutes and it's paid for itself many times over. It comes with a set of different length combs that clip over the blades so you can choose your length.

Only one think, make sure you have a mirror for checking or you'll be walking the streets with odd tufts of hair at the back!

Gareth

Top Bottom