What's new

Which soap to order?

I just started trying soaps and I plan on placing an order at Mama Bears. It looks as if there are many wonderful choices.

Which is your favorite and why?

I got 8 of her soaps they all all good but my 3 favorites are all Lime related, either Spicy Lime, Lime Oil, or Lime Ice which is Lime and Menthol

Rosemary Mint - My first soap from Mama's and one in my Summer rotation. I love the scent and purchased it upon major recommendation from the group.
Spicey Lime - Excellent scent - goes great with SCS Bay Rum with a Twist aftershave milk.
Diogenes Club - Took me a while to warm up to the scent, but I would say classy, a great winter scent IMHO. Tried it today and got another DFS!
There are a few others I've ordered but they are waiting for a shot in the rotation. :em2300:

I got 8 of her soaps they all all good but my 3 favorites are all Lime related, either Spicy Lime, Lime Oil, or Lime Ice which is Lime and Menthol

I was thinking about the awakenings soap. I like methol and was looking for something strong. I haven't tried anything with lime yet, but the lime ice looked interesting too

regarding the new SCS scent I think I will pass on that :lol:

back on topic the other 5 Mama Bears soaps I got are
Lavender -surprised I like this it wasn't actually what I ordered but Mama Bear threw it in and order was fixed fine as well
Frankencense and Myrrh- great winter scent
Drakkor Nor- not as over powering as the cologne which is a very good thing
Mysore Sandalwood -nice natural scent
Dragon's Blood hard to describe but nice

they all make great lather and seem to last forever you can't go wrong

In fact, I just received my first shipment last week. I ordered Mandarin Ice and Hydrogen. Both have great smells that really wake you up in the morning!

In fact, I just received my first shipment last week. I ordered Mandarin Ice and Hydrogen. Both have great smells that really wake you up in the morning!

The Mandarin Ice also sounds nice. So many choices:tongue_sm

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I hear Sue at St Charles Shave might be coming up with a new scent in the near future.... :lol::lol::lol:

Art's a big fan of SCS.

For Mama Bear, I like the cedar/lemon and "elements of bamboo". :biggrin:

An easier question is are there any that I didn't like.... Only one so far, Ocean rain, and I traded it for another MB soap.

An easier question is are there any that I didn't like.... Only one so far, Ocean rain, and I traded it for another MB soap.

This is my problem. From reading the descriptions I could easily order 10, but I want to keep it down to 1 or 2.

I have eight Mama Bear soaps. In relative order of preference, they are...

Hydrogen - One of my very favorites, and in my opinion a must-try, if you like airy and fresh scents. Someone on this forum said it smelled like what you'd imagine hydrogen would smell like, and that's a pretty good description.

Ye Old Barbershop - This is another must-try scent. Has a classic, "old school" kind of scent. The description says bay rum, but it's not overpowering.

Toasted Coconut - Very coconutty, but with some other tropical stuff going on. Very nice. A great tropical scent.

Tangerine & Tulip - A similar "vibe" as hydrogen, light and fresh, with pronounced citrus and floral notes. One of my faves.

Dragon's Blood - This has patchouli and other "hippie" kind of scents in it. Reminds me of the aroma in an upscale hippie boutique. Some guys have a sensitivity to the fragrance oils in it.

Turkish Mocha - Like a cup of java. Great stuff.

Attar of Roses - Smells to me just like a fresh cut rose from the garden. Different than other rose soaps and creams.

Lime Vanilla - A strong lime scent with undertones of vanilla. Discontinued. Good, but not my favorite.

Another very popular fragrance from Mama Bear is Sandalwood Vanilla. I have a puck of Sandalwood Vanilla from Honeybee Spa, and if Mama Bear's is anything like it, it would be a good choice too.

The "ice" soaps from Mama Bear have menthol. I had a sample of Mandarin Ice which was terrific.

Dave

I've used Aged Spice, Sandalwood and Green Irish Tweed.

Aged Spice is a very nice take on Shulton (older stuff) Old Spice. Spicy (der) and a little powdery. Love the scent and also like the fragrance.

Sandalwood is a very heavy scent, very woody and intense. However, as I got deeper into my tub, the scent became more faded (and much more pleasant) and actually reminded me of Diptyque Tam Dao.

Green Irish Tweed (goes by a different name now think?) is a VERY green, fresh scent that unfortunately reminds me of freshly cut grass. I am allergic to freshly cut grass, so I guess naturally I didn't care much for the scent.

I've used Aged Spice, Sandalwood and Green Irish Tweed.

Aged Spice is a very nice take on Shulton (older stuff) Old Spice. Spicy (der) and a little powdery. Love the scent and also like the fragrance.

Sandalwood is a very heavy scent, very woody and intense. However, as I got deeper into my tub, the scent became more faded (and much more pleasant) and actually reminded me of Diptyque Tam Dao.

Green Irish Tweed (goes by a different name now think?) is a VERY green, fresh scent that unfortunately reminds me of freshly cut grass. I am allergic to freshly cut grass, so I guess naturally I didn't care much for the scent.

might have to try the aged spice - it sounds nice

I just placed my order:

1 aged spice
1 hydrogen
2 alum blocks

Thanks for your help gents

Top Bottom