What's new

Burt's Bees

I'm curious...

Anyone ever tried Burt's Bees brand of shaving soap? I ran across some the other day in a store, but I didn't want to waste five bucks.

Thanks,
-The Prof

I'm curious...

Anyone ever tried Burt's Bees brand of shaving soap? I ran across some the other day in a store, but I didn't want to waste five bucks.

Thanks,
-The Prof

If you're talking about the bay rum puck, smells great, doesn't lather.

Save your money.

Yes, it was bay rum puck, and I figured that it probably wasn't a great soap. Quite frankly, I wasn't even that sold on the smell. :bored:

I have a BB Bay Rum puck that Ive been working for about 6 months and IMHO, its a great scent with acceptable but "boring" lather.

However, I have found after following the advice in the "How to make a great lather from soaps" tutorial, it is considerably better than what I used to get (that is, its now "acceptable" vs. lacking). Apparently it needs considerably more saturation, compared to other soaps I've used, to soften the soap and load in the brush. (I have also discovered that it prefers a more dense brush!)

That said, as with anything in this hobby, try it. If you don't like it, PIF or toss it.

Top Bottom