What's new

Iron Gym

I am sure that it counts on your door frame. I looked at those things years back and felt there was no way that they would work in my house.

That thing looks like a ***. As seen on TV stuff generally is.

They've got four exercises listed, two of which you don't need anything to do them (pushups and situps). The dips, I'm not sure how you'd do them with that thing as you clearly can't get low enough.

That thing looks like a ***. As seen on TV stuff generally is.

They've got four exercises listed, two of which you don't need anything to do them (pushups and situps). The dips, I'm not sure how you'd do them with that thing as you clearly can't get low enough.

I'm only interested in the pull-ups anyway so the other 3 have no appeal to me anyway.

www.buyirongym.com

Do these things actually work? I don't mean to chin ups actually work, but will this device support your weight without ripping apart the doorframe?

I wondered the same thing when I saw the commercial. Of course I'm not really a believer in ordering these TV infomercial products so it's purely curiosity. I won't be considering a purchase, and my advice would be don't order it.

I have one of these, and also use mine only for chinups.

Whether or not it works in your place depends largely on your construction (and your weight) (particularly the trim, since that's what provides the support), but it's fine at my house. I set a few more nails (with a compression nailgun) in the trim to make sure, but no problems here. I weigh 162 pounds, for reference.

It does come with some additional anchors that can be used; I've not yet bothered with them.

I like the one above because of the plethora of grips available; I do like them.

sure, it would work....so long as the door frames in your house can take the weight load and punishment of being used as they weren't intended

I have thought about getting something similar and mounting it to a wall in the garage, then at least the wall studs will be taking most of the weight

I just bought one and it works great. Your door frame should not have any problems holding you up.

They've got four exercises listed, two of which you don't need anything to do them (pushups and situps).

From the picture it looks like he would get more range of motion from performing a push up with the assist of the device. Kind of like bench pressing with dumbells as oppossed to a barbell. More stretching for the pects as well as deltoids.

I have the one made by Beachbody, used in the P90X , it has a solid built quality and have had no problems with it ( I weigh 180 pounds). More expensive than similar products but you get what you pay for it.

The only thing I noticed is that there seems to be some flex when you use them - so not as rigid as something mounted to the wall.

This is one of my favorite pieces of exercise equipment.

I bought one of these when it was called "The Door Gym." The crossbar is made of plastic, but the rest of it is constructed well. You don't need any crazy tools to put it together, but you can overtighten the bolts that hold the metal frame to the plastic crossbar, causing the crossbar to collapse.

I only weigh 145 but add 50 pounds via backpack / dip belt to do pull-ups, the contraption is pretty solid and has no trouble supporting this amount of weight.

You can get them in workout stores, so if you're leery of buying mail-order, you may luck out and find one locally.
-\Visdom

You can get them in workout stores, so if you're leery of buying mail-order, you may luck out and find one locally.
-\Visdom

These are also available at Bed Bath and Beyond and Linen n Things. If you dont like it you can easily return it.

Top Bottom