What's new

Straight shavers in the Bay Area?

The Mallard in Albany (Berkeley) has been suggested. Evidently, it has an upstairs room and food. Here is the link: http://www.clubmallard.com/

How's this sound?

+1 to Club Mallard as long as we've got a good place to get some work done! :biggrin: The only catch is if it'll cost...

I'd probably be able to host 8-10 people at my house in Napa for a honing event.

The afternoon of March 21st work for everyone?

We'll have to change the location, though, since the Mallard doesn't open its upstairs until 6 pm on weekends. Suggestions?

Either day is fine for me -- maybe this should get posted to the "front page" of the website?

I'll bring a cigar or two (or four).

As for a place i just posted that i got an incredible shave at a barber shop in S.F. details barber shop. he use to work for art of shaving. his shop is very big. I don't know if he is willing but it might be worth a shot.

How does March 21st sound? Nick would be able to make it then as well. :smile:

I work on Saturdays. I could get off earlier, but would not get to the Mallard (or wherever) before 4pm. Is it possible to push it back a bit?

I'd greatly appreciate it.

-Lear

We really need to nail down a date so we can all plan our days...

Place can still be flexible, but I need to give the boss some notice as to when I'll be away for a Saturday. :001_smile

Since i am new i don't have any equipment except a strop. Once we get closer can i im on of you to see what else i need or should i wait to see what all you guys are using?

thanks
chris

A very excellent proposal. It is central for a lot of you guys and perhaps a good atmosphere to handle valuable and delicate instruments. I went to Las Vegas this last weekend and bought a little something for the event from Penhaligan's that probably warrants a hat drawing.

Take Care,
R

Top Bottom