What's new

Straight shavers in the Bay Area?

Just thought that it might be helpful to the organizers to see a list of participants. So I will start it and if you copy and paste and add your name we should be able to get an accurate count for whom ever is putting this together.

Mark Evenson aka, mkevenson

Just thought that it might be helpful to the organizers to see a list of participants. So I will start it and if you copy and paste and add your name we should be able to get an accurate count for whom ever is putting this together.

I'll do your list thing MK, even though it didn't catch on.

Nick aka, General Burnside

I can see why some would be a little hesitant to put their names on a public forum. For right now, the current list of people who expressed interest are (by user name):

Biminyrd
Cbird
CraigJ
Drunkentester
General Burnside
Greenfly
hjscm
Huy
Jeremy
Jinenjo
Live2ride
Mejnoon
mkevenson
Riooso
whodat

If I forgot anyone, let me know and I'll add you to the list. Once we get plans finalized, I'll try and send out a group pm to let everyone know and get an idea of who can make it (depending on final time and place). Of course, the final details will also be posted here.

Cheech, I thought that it would help the organizers, I guess that is you. It works on a ski site that I belong to and has for many years. Real names were never intended to be given unless you wanted too. Your way seems good too. Looking forward to the meeting.
Mark

Thanks, I appreciate it. This is a group effort, and I'm sure everyone else appreciates it, also.

I'm don't know if I'd call myself the organizer, I just want this to happen. Joel has been kind enough to offer his time and skill, and it seems like a great opportunity for everyone.

For now, we're almost there. Just a couple details to work out. Hopefully we'll have everything confirmed beginning of next week.

We have a final date, time and place!

proxy.php

Place:
Japan Woodworker
1731 Clement Avenue
Alameda, California 94501
http://www.japanwoodworker.com/page.asp?content_id=10045

Date:
March 21, 2009

Time:
1:00 pm (1300 hours for the military minded)

Length:
At least one hour, more depending on student participation

What to bring:
A blade needing honing and any supplies you have. Joel's hope is that people can not only learn, but go home with a shave-ready blade! If you don't have these, don't worry! It should still promise to be a great learning experience and way to find out if you want to invest in the honing gear.

Japan Woodworker is gracious enough to host, and they also have a nice selection of blades and hones. Everybody wins! They also said they're going to post the event on their calendar, so this should be a great time to meet new people and learn a lot!

very cool! I would love to take part!

is it possible for me to be put down as tentative? i hate to be unclear, im just not sure if i'll be able to make it down from ptown...

Last edited:
I'll be there. Glad we could get this scheduled, as I have a dull razor in need of a good honing that will be good to learn on, and got an antique family heirloom razor for Christmas that I'm too afraid of messing up to try to hone :blush:

Top Bottom