What's new

where to buy a straight in raleigh,nc

I'm going to be in raleigh, nc for the state fair for two weeks and i was wondering if there are any brick and mortar shops in the area. Thank you

I live in Raleigh and I have not found a single shop that carries straights. It is frustrating, but I have looked at ever source that I can think of and have turned up zilch. Even the antique stores don't have any.

If you find one, please let me know as well. I will call a couple of the knife shops tomorrow and will let you know If I turn anything up.

Hey Dont know much about that town. Would Raleigh have a CUTERLY Shop? If so they usually carry wetshaving products like Safety and Straight razors.

I'm pretty certain Raleigh doesn't have any stores where you could actually buy a straight razor. And I'm even less certain of where you could buy shaving goods outside of the Crabtree and Evelyn at the mall.

It's a long shot but try Liles Clothing Studio at Lassiter and North Hills Avenue, kinda uppity (very uppity) but they have Truefitt and Hill and some other stuff, might just find a str8's there.

Also try that new mall close to Durham. When I lived there (Holly Springs) it was the nicest mall around, even better than the new one on Capital Blvd.

Wow, lots of us B&B'ers in Raleigh.

The only place that I've seen with straights is Beck's Cutlery in MacGreggor shops in Cary at Rt 1 & Rt 64 - about 5 miles from the fairgrounds. That's about the only place I know of.

E

ecschreier

found this place today after a lot of dead ends.

Charity Coin Shop.Com

1310 Fairview Road

Raleigh, NC 27608

Opulence of Southern Pines, which has a store in Cary, has straights, Edwin Jagger soaps and razors, Proraso line, and other goodies. Reasonably price and the owner is fond of this forum.

Top Bottom