What's new

In this new economic Dark Age, will Aqua Velva, Williams Soap, and DE blades be king?

Aqua Velva is the best value in Aftershaves. Period. Its a true classic and so cheap.:tongue_sm

Williams Mug Soap... you can make it work for you if you try. And a year's worth of shaves will cost you maybe $12.00.:001_smile

And DE blades... heck, most of us here have a supply to last us until the end of time (which according to some folks is sometime in 2012) :lol:

Many of us really have to be careful with our cash these days. That's why I am thankful I got into classic DE shaving.

I won't have to buy another single razor blade for years. And Aqua Velva never hurts to buy. And I can use cheap soaps and get a very good shave. I like (and often use) Williams. Though even in these times I am still happy to shell out for what has really become a favorite of mine - Crabtree & Evelyn.

Aren't you glad classic wetshaving is so cheap?

To be honest, neither is mine. But the one thing about DE shaving is that once you get a nice set up, a collection of Aftershaves, 200-300 Blades, several DEs, a couple of brushes, and a dozen cakes of soap you can sit back and spend nothing on shaving for months if not years. Or you can certainly spend very little and only have to buy cheap soaps now and then.

Remember shelling out $20 for those lousy cartridge system blades?

Aqua Velva is the best value in Aftershaves. Period. Its a true classic and so cheap.:tongue_sm
Aftershave? Don' need no steenkin' aftershave.:mad:

Williams Mug Soap... you can make it work for you if you try.
Not this mother's son. HBS. Pro Raso. Col. Conk. But I'm not puttin' Williams anywhere near my face. Death be not proud! ...:mad3:

And DE blades... heck, most of us here have a supply to last us until the end of time
Uh-oh. I will need more blades by 2011. :eek:

Many of us really have to be careful with our cash these days. ... Aren't you glad classic wetshaving is so cheap?
As long as you're happy with a Tweezerman. (I'm content w/ mine.)

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I consider all of my "equipment" of the hobby PAID FOR with mostly 2007 dollars.... that coupled with enough latering agents to last conservatively 3 years or more,..... I'll wait out the coming Recession/Depression clean shaven.:biggrin:

I see things differently. Now is the right time to buy even more stuff and it has never been so easy to defend our investments; we need to pump money into the economy to keep it going! :lol: Our hobby has become part of the solution!

I see things differently. Now is the right time to buy even more stuff and it has never been so easy to defend our investments; we need to pump money into the economy to keep it going! :lol: Our hobby has become part of the solution!

So true. But I don't have enough blades till 2012. I just got a sampler pack from West Coast Shaving. I do have some Personna from the .99 cent store. They work pretty good by the way. So I guess I'll just have to order some more, as soon as I find the blade I like the most.
I can work with Williams and VDH if I have to, but I have enough of the better stuff to last me for a while.
Yes I am glad to be wetshaving. Even more so to be using a DE. Now I'm just looking for the perfect combination of blade to razor.

With my stash of supplies, the economy will need to remain down for a long, long time to have any effect on my shaving practices.
Ken

If AV isn't the King, he is at least some Royal Duke battling it out to do what he does best, make your face feel better. AV Ice is like Pepto, it coats, soothes and relives... minus the pink.

ifin you need a brush cheap(and can handle credit responsively) get the discover gas card, they have a C&E giftcard deal 20 for 40, and 40 for 80. one of each and you've got one nice brush :cool:

james

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

The original poster is correct-once past the initial outlay and giddiness with the plethora of choices, wetshaving is fairly cheap. Now I am much more selective(sniper rifle vs shotgun) in what and when I buy.(although i just spent about $100 for a scuttle, aftershaves, barbicide, and the glass jar-time to fill out the nooks and crannies of my shave gear.)

marty

Once you get past the collection stage it gets cheaper.. But I still have room for a few more razors in the cabinet.. dang RAD

Fuzzy

Top Bottom