What's new

Aloe Vera For Razor Burn?

I don't care for the "slime" of aloe vera gel. However, at most health food stores (and even at Wally World in the lotion section now!) you can pick up aloe juice.* It's great on its own as a moisturizing splash, or mixed with your favourite aftershave for the "moisturizing balm" kick. I spike my witch hazel with it, and keep a vial of aloe-spiked AV around as well.

*Aloe gel is just aloe juice with a gelling agent added.

I have been wet shaving for about a year. I just wanted to chime in with my .02$. I had the same problem in the past with the lower neck. I noticed that it was difficult for me to keep the correct blade angle there. its an easy place to let yourself relax and peel your skin off because this area is at the end of a difficult stroke. On the other hand, this may not help at all. Hope youi conquer this.

This could be the problem. How have you conquered this issue with blade angle on the neck? If anyone has advice on this it would be great. I had a decent shave this morning but the angle on the neck is the most difficult. I would assume this contributes a lot to the burn and bumps

It burns for a minute or two but does make you skin feel cooler shortly. It's also super cheap. I got a 20oz bottle for $4.00.

djw19:

Thayers makes a line of really nice alcohol-free witch hazel formulations, some of which include aloe vera.

http://urltea.me/kil

The link goes to their site and describes their original formula, which is not scented. They also make other formulations with different scents (jump back a page from above).

You can order on line (they sell a nice sample pack), and you might also find their products at Whole Foods, GNC and other natural food and vitamin shops.

intensive care lotion with aloe used as an asb works quite well for me if i get razor burn,try the stuff you use for dry irritated skin and it should help your face too.after all razor burn is in the end is skin irritation

Last edited:
I have always been a believer in the curing effects of Aloe Vera. I have the gel around for sunburns and such, but for shaving, I use Thayer's Witch Hazel with Aloe as an after rinse 'splash' and before applying after shave.

I get shaving rash in the same place you do, been back to wet shaving for a few weeks and tried aloe vera gel and it does work. Ibought an Edwin jagger de87 and tried the feather blade that came with it and that was much much better, don't know if it's the blade or the EJ's head, the DE87 is supposed to give a milder shave. I'd suggest trying a few different blades, the feather blades are regarded as the best out there. Maybe you could even try shaving with cold water, feels awful but does seem to ease the rash a bit

I've been using Alovera gel with a tea tree enfusion from Holland and Barrett health foods here in the UK for a good couple of years now. Leaves the skin fresh and tight. Also helps with any weepers.

My experience is that most razor burn results from technical issues, either too much pressure or an incorrect razor angle. So, reviewing your technique may help. Good prep and a slick, protective soap should also help.

That said, Haslinger’s makes a terrific aloe vera soap that would be worth a try! :a14::a14:

Top Bottom