What's new

Pics of Gillette Leather Case Razor Kit in Box - 1904 Patent - Is this a nice find???

I have this Leather Cased purple velvet lined razor kit with a three piece razor that has a long crack in the handle. It has a small brush and two brass canisters that have holes like pepper shakers for holding brushes I think (one has one brush in it). It also has 2 brass containers that look like zippo lighters which are for blades.

The cardboard box that it is packed in has this certificate looking paper on top that says the razor was manufactured under US patents 775134 and 775135 which Google tells me is from 1904. I just want to know if this is a nice find and if this is something that a collector would be interested in buying since I am not interested in keeping it myself. I am a wet shaver, but obviously not a collector. Here are some pictures.

AWWWW heck tell ya what.. just so you do not have to look at that crack and all I'll sell a few chickens and give ya $5.00 for it .

I like the look of that set.

Fuzzy

It's a nice set. That's a large crack but not unusual. Isn't the other cylinder supposed to be for a shave stick?

...Ray

That is the Standard Combination Set. It has the Old Type Standard as its anchor razor. I'm not sure if I've ever seen that pronounced a crack, though. Still, cool set. I like it.

Top Bottom