What's new

Review 3 of 3: Master Lord & Master

View attachment 31855

The final review of the three AS's purchased at this site. I only own one other Master aftershave: Topaz. I really like it's soft, powdery scent. L&M is similar with something extra added.

In the bottle I get the usual alcohol aroma combined with a powder and perfumed smell. It goes on strong and after two or three minutes it's natural scent settles in. Honestly this is a tough one for me. I had to enlist the help of my wife and daughters to nail down the scents. Up to about the 15 minute mark I was getting a light, sweet perfume mixed with powder scent. I couldn't quite put my finger on what I was smelling. My wife got an orange citrus w/ a mild pine vibe combined w/ powder. The girls said they got the piny odor as well. They also mentioned it having an herbal scent whatever that means and the underlying powder. Frankly I didn't get any kind of pine vibe, but I guess I can agree w/ the faint citrusy/orange aroma. At the 30 to 45 minute mark all any of us got was the sweet powder fragrance with possibly a hint of some floral perfume so whatever else was in there seemed to fade away.

Master AS's only cost $5 so you really don't lose a thing testing them, and my final impression is that Lord and Master is worth getting to try out. If you are torn between buying this and Topaz, I say go with the Topaz as they are basically the same after an hour or so. Topaz gives you that sweet baby powder mixed with a musky scent all day long. It's one of my favorites so it stands to reason that I like L&M though I probably don't need both.

Thanks to everyone who has read and commented on my three-day/three-AS review session. I have taken your recommendations and posted these in the Reviews section of B&B. Hopefully they provided enough detail to assist in your purchasing decisions. I am a big fan of the low cost, drugstore & barbershop variety aftershaves. Pinaud and Master are two of the big players in that category, and I think they produce some fine fragrances at very affordable prices.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I enjoed your three-part series very much. Very informative. Thanks for taking the time to put this together. Out of the three, which one would you recommend as a future Aftershave of the Week?

Thank you. It's an easy call: Citrus Musk makes for a great AS of the week selection. Category A right? For the cheaper brands.

And if Clubman's not for you give the Coachman a try :thumbsup:

Top Bottom