What's new

Dr. Bronner's

I've seen a few mentions of Dr. Bronner's products and after looking it up, I've become intrigued by their liquid and bar soaps.

Specifically looking for comments on how the they perform as a shampoo, bar soap, and facial cleanser.

I currently use KMF Shampoo and olive oil soap (trying to use organic/natural products) but the ingredients for these soaps looks impressive.

How do they lather? Are they drying? Do they rinse clean or give you that "sticky" feeling?

I use Bronner's liquid soap as a hand soap at work. I put a little on straight and then use lots of water. As such it is rather drying. It rinses clean. Presumably using it as shampoo etc. you would be using it in a diluted state. As much as I love its simplicity and price, it does tend to be on the harsh side.

I like the simplicity and the idea of using one product for total body washing. I was hoping to hear that it wasn't drying, but alas it is a pure soap with no special ingrediants.

The price isn't so good for me. I can only find an 8oz bottle of liquid soap locally for $10 (and theres no scent selection, only almond) and to order online would cost at least $30

I can get the equivalent amount of products that i use now for half the price :frown:

I've been using Dr. B's soap for years ... it is the first step in most washing situations. I use it in the shower to wash my body, my hair, my face ... everything. I've used it to clean my shoes prior to applying polish and wax. I've used it in a pinch to wash dishes in the kitchen. I've used it to do laundry. You can use it to wash your car, both interior and exterior. Its really wonderful stuff.

Yes, it does dry out the skin. That's why I use it as the FIRST step. It makes me feel CLEAN. Then I go on to Step 2 with other more specialized products that moisturize the skin, shampoo and conditioner for the hair, exfoliants (which I use sparingly,) etc.

If I had to eliminate every product but one from my bathroom, Dr. B would be the one I keep. I could live with the dry skin and brittle hair if I had to, as long I felt clean, and Dr. B does that for me in a way that no other product can even come close to.

You mentioned that the only flavor you can get is Almond. That's a good choice ... very mild, pleasant aroma. If that's all you can get, then Go For It.

But shop around and ask for it at supermarkets and health-food stores ... Bronner is a fairly common commodity, widely available, and you can probably find more variety and better local prices if you look for it.

Although it may seem expensive, a little bit goes a long, long way. I've gotten more than a year's use out of a 16oz bottle. Currently, I'm using a 4oz bottle of the tea-tree oil flavor, and its still half-full after 4 months use.

Top Bottom