What's new

RoyalShave.com Customer Service

Last Friday, I placed an order at RoyalShave.com for a Merkur Progress razor with travel case, and a TOBS Shaving Stick. Long story short: as of today, the USPS tracking still showed they had "been notified by shipper...", and of course I still hadn't received the order.

So I called the 800 number on their web site. Alarms started going off in my head: a recorded message said "to meet singles in your area, call 800-xxx-xxxx". So I called their regular phone number. The CS person stated that the order had indeed shipped this past Monday. I just *knew* that wasn't the case... USPS might be slow to update their tracking information, but they aren't *that* slow. So I hung up, figuring I'd end up having to wait a few weeks, then call the CC company to dispute the charges for the never-received order.

Imagine my surprise when the CS person called me back about five minutes later. She had taken the time to research my order further. It turns out that the warehouse had run out of stock of the shaving stick. So she offered to substitute a more expensive soap (Golddachs Revivage (or Spezial?) Shaving Soap). So what the heck, I took her up on it. She promised the order would ship out Priority mail today.

While it stinks that I had to be the one to put the ball in motion on the whole thing, I'm very happy that they ran with it. Yup, they screwed up, but so far they have made up for it very well. Guess I'll know for sure when/if the order shows up!

as of today, the USPS tracking still showed they had "been notified by shipper...", and of course I still hadn't received the order.

I just *knew* that wasn't the case... USPS might be slow to update their tracking information, but they aren't *that* slow.

Obviously not the case this time, but I've had things arrive when the USPS site still showed "notified". For yucks, I watched the tracking page for the next day once. It finally said "delivered" almost 24 hours after I got the item!

USPS tracking is nonexistent. I've ordered plenty of cycling gear that arrived to my place without even the label or receipt appearing on the postal service's website!

I'm actually a big USPS fan.

First off, the stuff gets delivered. Far too often have I had Fed Ex/UPS/DHL say the result was undeliverable and I had to pick it up at their site, or had it delivered to the wrong address. Mind you, this isn't the case of them needing a signature and I'm not home. This is a case of me watching from my window.

Too many cases of indigestion to count.

USPS hasn't failed to deliver my packages. I haven't gotten a call that they could never find my address (this was especially true in Washington, DC).

And cheap!

I just had an order processed from classicshaving.com on a Monday and it was delivered to a friend's place outside of DC on Tuesday. USPS.

But their tracking does leave a bit to be desired, but I can deal with it!

I don't have any huge problem with the USPS but their tracking is pretty scatter-shot. I have had orders that progressed through the tracking a day at a time just like UPS and I have had orders that showed up in Dallas a day BEFORE USPS said it shipped from Bellingham Washington.

As long as you get your stuff it is basically amusing, but little help.

USPS tracking (actually still just delivery confirmation) is still imperfect. While sometimes it is updated every evening, while others do not update until delivered.

That said, we continue to use USPS because they are more affordable, have proven themselves to be very reliable and they deliver six days a week. 15 years ago USPS could not compete with UPS, but now they are very competitive.

I would say that our problems with USPS are in the 1-2% range.

With the amount of mail processed by the USPS and at dirt cheap prices, I'd say they provide a phenomenal service. Made even more impressive that they rarely lose anything. If somebody mails it, you're near guaranteed to receive it.

You want to see a national postal system that sucks? Try Mexico.

Well, the USPS tracking information was updated in a timely manner right up til today's delivery.

The stuff got here safely. The Gold-Dachs smells *wonderful*, but the soap puck is very small; it doesn't fit well in the can it came in. It really rattles around.

RoyalShave.com really did come through on this one.

I sure wish I could find a place that had some TOBS shaving sticks in stock, though.

F

flyingadman

I had a similar experience with RoyalShaver.com. I like dealing with companies that will inform you of when somehing is back ordered or out of stock. I'll go back to those companies. I hate surprises and after waiting over a week for merchadise I called and was informed that it was just shipped out because it was back ordered. I asked if they sent me an e-mail regarding the item being back ordered and was told "yes" (what else are they supposed to tell me)? Anyway, I informed them that I never received it and I'm sure you can guess the rest...I was told that there must be a problem with my firewall or anti-virus.

Top Bottom