What's new

Coffee and/or Tea Club

Coffee and/or Tea Club Yay or Nay

• Coffee Club

• Tea Club

• Nah, I'll keep drinking the crap I get at the grocery store

Results are only viewable after voting.
There's been a lot of interest in this forum and a lot of interest in trying out different coffees and teas.

If there's enough interest, I'll contact some vendors to get them on board to set up a coffee and/or tea of the month club for us.

What I'm envisioning is a situation where we work with a vendor who will supply the coffee, give us a group price and take care of shipping, payment, logistics, etc. There would be no committment to participate a fixed number of months and you could opt in or out on at your convenience.

I'd like to keep the cost reasonable, but still have decent size samples - I'm thinking at leat a 1/2 pound of coffee and 2 ounces of tea.

Depending on shipping costs, it may make sense to do a couple/few varieties at a time.

For those who don't have good brewing equipment, we could likely work out a deal on a good starter set up - be it a good infuser to make tea by the cup or a decent pot with a built in strainer, etc.

We could then have a "structured" tasting - in that a bunch of us would be drinking the same tea/coffee at the same time so would discuss our brewing techniques and experiences with a common tea/coffee.

For newbies, this would be a great chance to try new teas and get some information about these teas from the many of our knowledgeable membes.

So let me know if you guys are interested - and I'll contact some vendors.

This would be available to international members, as there are no shipping restrictions and the cost of shipping relatively small packages abroad is pretty reasonable and we'll try to keep the values at a level that doesn't attract duties or taxes, if possible.

I voted for both the coffe club and the tea club. I drink much more tea than coffes these days, especially since I don't have a coffee grinder. I think it's a great idea, and it sounds pretty fun.

Probably not something that I'd participate in on a regular basis, but I would definitely be tempted to try a few things out (coffee and tea) now and again depending on pricing.

Probably not something that I'd participate in on a regular basis, but I would definitely be tempted to try a few things out (coffee and tea) now and again depending on pricing.

Exactly why I'm trying to set something up where people can opt in/out as they want.

I may see if a vendor will do a deal for folks who opt in for a specific number of months to get better pricing and ensure minimum volumes, but my plan would be to always give folks the option.

I'm in.

I don't know a whole lot about coffee but I am learning more from Scotto and DJ (and others) everyday. I am also thinking of buying a French Press and a Corn Poppery II and roasting some beans. I just fear that my wife will have me comitted. Between shaving, photography and coffee...she will think I have gone off the deep end. I keep telling her...well at least you know what I am doing....I could be at the bar or off with some other woman....that quiets her down for a few days :tongue:

I usually buy my coffee from 2 local places here in Pittsburgh, PA (Coffee Tree Roasters or Blue Horse coffee).

Patrick

I'm pretty happy with my present coffee but I would definately be interested in trying out some more of the teas. Again, price depending.

probably seems bipolar, but I voted all three options...

I've really come to enjoy coffee after buying a (cheap blade) grinder, it's a huge step up after having been using a coffee press the past 1.5 years. but even then I still use pre-ground coffee on occasion when mass quatities are necessary (family dinners at the house, church get-togethers, etc...)

being a southern boy, I love me some tea...I drink black, green, white, herbal, oolong...but I tend to stick to the bags/pyramids from the store, although I do have my eye on a Bodum infuser at a nearby Target....

so yeah, I'd be one of the occasional buyers if this could happen

I would be open to both, teas I have a basic knowledge of but coffee, I drink mainly french pressed stuff but I have never tried anything higher end

I've got a huge stockpile of loose leaf tea (probably three years worth if I drink a cup a day) that's probably going to loose its flavor before I drink it all.

But... I'm in for the tea club. :biggrin:

I think this is a great idea. Do you think we could possibly use a format similar to the reviews section? For example, comparing prices, quality, and grade on some sort of scale, and then maybe using some sort of tasting diagram like Sweet Maria's does?

I'd be interested in either one OR both. My basic thought on this matter is that I would be continuing with my current experimentation with both coffees and teas for many many years regardless, but it will probably be more fun and possible cheaper to do so with some fellow B&B brothers (and sisters perhaps?) at least in the short term. Plus then I'll have the added bonus of conversation with other like-minded folk regarding my newly acquired beverages.

I would be interested in both. The opt in/opt out part is important to me, because I know that I would never be able to keep up with the amounts of tea and coffee that would come my way.

Top Bottom