What's new

Cuff Links

Gents, I mainly wear cuff links with suits. I have a number of cuff links from antiques to modern era. Here are a few of mine.

full

full

full

full

full

Let's see yours!

Last edited by a moderator:
The first one looks like you should have a strawberry blonde next to you, zipping through some European city in a sports car. The ones in photo three look like ladybugs. :tongue: I have to take photos of mine.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Not having photos to post, I'll ask the all-important question about backings ... do you prefer

fixed backing?
torpedo style?
whale tale?
actual double-sided with a 'second front'?
other??

Not having photos to post, I'll ask the all-important question about backings ... do you prefer

fixed backing?
torpedo style?
whale tale?
actual double-sided with a 'second front'?
other??

I prefer torpedo backs. It's makes it easier to post them myself without help.

I have to say that I love cuff links. I think my favorite of your collection is the first one, with the monarch look, square. I have one pair, a pair I searched high and low for, silver square. One would think that it would be relitivly easy to locate that, but it took years of searching for pure silver in square with no pattern:tongue_sm or applique...

I love my cuff links too, but I unfortunately don't have many occasions on which to wear them... I was actually told to stop wearing a suit to work at the hospital, because I was making the doctors look bad.

Anyways, my favorite pair was given to me by a friend while in Italy. They are the official dress equipment for the Italian Carabinieri, with their crest set in gold. I also like the traditional satin/silk knots, since they are less flashy. Many times wearing a french cuffed shirt I feel over dressed, and some of the shinier cuff links amplify that.

I really like the complete look..you know proper suit, tie and cufflinks..Unfortunately I have not had to wear suits in quite awhile now.. I only keep two. One for formal happy occasions and one for somber occassions..

But here are my favorite links.. My wife gave them to me on an anniversary..
Black Onyx in 14kt gold with mathing button covers...

I dont have the photos, but 4 pairs I recieved from my grandfather (died when I was 5 i think) and then a pair I made. Planning on making a bunch of silver ones this spring. Sadly I only have one suit and not too many chances to wear it, but I love cufflinks.

I'm a fan of cufflinks, too. I haven't found any I like in antique stores (and forget "modern" stores).

I have a square pair from my great-grandfather. They're green/black tourmaline set in gold. They're very dressy looking.

The other pair is a is just a simple silver bar. Appropriate for the office.

And since I recently scored a bunch of French cuffs (yeehaw for Loehmann's), I get to wear them more now.

I've got a few pairs;
Screw together matching front and back; silver with black onyx in rounded rectangles.

My late grandfather's RCAF dress uniform cufflinks; Rectangular gold with the RCAF (Royal Canadian Air Force) crest, swivel (torpedo?) backs

Plain Silver rectangles with my first initial "J" engraved in it, also swivel backs

Big round silver ones laquered with real 4 leaf clovers embeded in them, swivel backs - A present from my girlfriend who picked, dried and embeded the clovers herself. Our "anniversary" is St-Patrick's day :)

EDIT:I just came across these if anyone's feeling extravagant; Custome made cufflinks inset with vintage map parts, from the city of your choice: http://www.raredevice.net/item.php?item_id=850

I like cufflinks too. Again, shame I don't have more occasion to dress properly.

Funny thing is, a friend tried to tell me that it was bad taste to wear them. Of course, when asked why, his reasoning was that they were too formal.

I don't think they are too formal. In fact, I think they add personal style. Opinions?

Would be great to find a neat old set of cuff links. I havent found any new ones that do much for me. The vintage ones, understated elegance, someday.

Top Bottom