What's new

Interesting Scuttle - Comments Wanted

I have a birthday coming up and Mrs. Island Brian says she will contribute to my "shaving thing". I am looking at scuttles and read much about the Dirty Bird, the Moss, the Georgetown and others. I found this interesting scuttle-as-art piece and am wondering whether anyone here has seen or tried it.

This is from the sales description (grammar in original except as noted): "The Bowl is the same great bowl we sell separately. Now the Scuttle is completely unique it is designed to keep your brush extremely hot it has a smaller bowl to give confined quarters to your brush and lather and completely surrounded by a great deal of hot water keeping all that great lather hot in the bowl [of the scuttle]. It is also taller to make reaching for it very easy. The concept is to mix in the bowl then place your brush loaded with great lather inside bowl [of the scuttle] to keep the brush and lather much hotter then your standard scuttle. The Bowl averages 4 inches at opening and 3 inches deep. The scuttle averages 8 inches tall with a bowl 2 inches deep and 3 inches wide with a tight slope." I was told that you fill the entire 8 inch "tower" with hot water.

I can see some disadvantages (how do you fit the darn thing under a typical bathroom sink faucet to fill it up; its a lot of water to dump every day; you can't pick it up and hold it while lathering), but it sure is cool looking. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing, but if its just not functional then fuggedaboudit.

Thoughts and comments?

THANKS

That scuttle looks familiar...

full

proxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah! A scuttle like that instills FEAR in your soap / cream. They can imagine being marched up the side and, when reaching the crest, they will be thrown upon the altar and sacrificed to the Shaving gods above. All their foamy goodness is kept inside the sacred pool except once in a while, a small amount of froth spills out and oozes down the side for all to see. All the other soaps and creams scream in a fit of terror at such a sight. at least..... thats what I see when I look at it.

Top Bottom