What's new

If only I knew then what I know now!

I've really taken to this DE wetshaving. It's made my life better. Really!. No more squirming around trying to get away from the collar of my own shirt.

I'm a police officer. I remember when training we had an ex-army drill instructor who paraded us and thought foot drill / marching display etc. He was tough. When he'd inspect us, he'd randomly pick on a male, order him to bring his right index finger to his chin, and rub it against the grain. If he heard ANY rough noise, you were going for jog in full No.1 Dress Uniform. Lovely.

Just thinking of that today... Oh happy memories!... I'll never forget the discomfort of hacking my face each morning with a Wilkinson FX Performer and canned goo... It was torture, so I say, If only I knew then what I know now.... I'd have been more comfortable and less likely to earn myself that jog.

*nodding in agreement* I was in my 40's before I discovered wetshaving. Oh the lost pleasure... :frown:

--Mark

If I'd have known then what I know now, I'd have been collecting all these razors and brushes while they were still selling them down at the Neighborhood Rexall Drug store. :blushing:

Regards,
Tom

About 1.5 yrs ago I got a philips electric shaver to avoid irritation. It worked but gave a not so close shave. I didnt care because I didnt bleed!.. After that 1.5 years though it started really rearing me up. Philips say you shoud change the blades every 2 years, buts that kinda like a "how long's a piece of string" scenario, with so many variables like beard thickness.

Ironically, about 2 weeks before I discovered wet shaving I spent €56 on replacement blades for the Philips. They're still in the packet. I wonder if I should return them to the shop?

I'm 20 myself, and I hope to wetshave for the rest of my life. Right now, I still get bumps, but I continue to shave each day. I know my face is adjusting, and getting tougher. I hope when I'm a little older my face will be nice and scruffy and I can get a really good 5 minute, any way you want it, shave!

Top Bottom