What's new

Acquisitions Monday September 18th - Sunday September 22th

moses said:
You might want to take note of the Tabac: Soap or Cream? poll recently posted....

I've seen that poll. You have misquoted yourself. I believe you meant to say the "Tabac: Soap or Cream? poll.

Randy

We went for a trip to Syracuse NY today to drop-in the Carousel Center for birthday gifts for my daughter. Got a few gifts for myself as well:

At Crabtree & Evelyn:
- SBAD alert: large Edwin-Jagger brush in Super Badger (I am not sure of the exact size, but certainly >25 knot)
- Sienna shaving cream in a tube
- Sandalwood deodorant (not exactly shaving stuff, but still part of the C&E score)

At Pottery Barn:
- Glass jar with metal top (I am going to use this for Barbercide treatments for razors)
- Small glazed bowl (good for whipping lather with small brushes like my new Shavemac)

-The white plastic container is made of soft rubber-like plastic. It is actually a soap container that snaps shut, but I thought it would be great for taking a safety razor on the road and eliminating water getting on other toiletries.

Next week is a whole new adventure!

While bumming around an antique store today I bagged a 3 piece open comb Gillette. It has a serial number on the top side of the comb which dates it to 1918 and is marked Pat. Nov. 15, ’04 around the bottom of the ball handle and had the Gillette diamond logo and “Made in the USA” on the back side or bottom of the comb.

I also found a 1974 Gillette Superspeed. Both cleaned up VERY well. Both for less than $10.

I had some fun at various ethnic markets today.

C&E travel brush
C&E Sandalwood Deo
Mysore Sandalwood soap
Mandom clay facial wash
Kanedo Super Refresh Facial Foam ( this smells fantastic )
Sunstar Tonic Menthol Shampoo

Not really a score for shaving stuff per se, but I picked up this cabinet today to store all of my stuff.

Cheers,

dszpiro said:
Not really a score for shaving stuff per se, but I picked up this cabinet today to store all of my stuff.

Cheers,

Danny that is absolutely gorgeous! You need an antique shaving picture on the wall next to it!! :001_tt1:

I would love to hang some antique shaving-related stuff around that cabinet! I am not sure how much my wife will let me get away with, though. :rolleyes: You suggestion got me thinking: I found some old-fashioned barbershop bottles on eBay and perhaps those would look good on top of the cabinet. I'll see if I can sneak those in.:wink:

Cheers,

Thanks for the links! I was inspired by your searching eBay, so I took a look too:

-One of these photos makes me feel much better about how messy I get when lathering up my face!

- The other shot would be fun too!

Cheers,

Danny,

You can also pick up old razor advertisements on ebay which, when framed, would look nice in your shave den. Also, collect some some old razor blades that are individually wrapped and frame them for a nice decoration.

Randy

GFT coral skin food :biggrin:
Whittard original and Assam tea :drool:

I have to collect a package at the post office. I'll bet it's my Chubby in super :biggrin: :biggrin:

Picked up two small cakes of C&E Sweet Almond Oil shaving soap at TJMaxx yesterday. A bargain at $3.00 per cake, so I figured, why not! :thumbup1:

Last Friday's Acquisitions:

full

SR 3118 with the redheads - Vulfix 2234 Super and Simpson Chubby#2 Super

full

Dennis

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom