What's new

Getting Caught up on My Backlog

I just finished these two sets of aluminum lined scales. My apologies to the boys who had to wait so long to get them. At least I got them done before Christmas... :biggrin: The first set is aluminum lined underneath asian cinnamon burl. and the second set uses maple burl. I used a 2-part coating on these scales because my lungs have been protesting with asthma-like symptoms when I use CA.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy :w00t:

shouldn't you be wearing a respirator when doing that?
they have some smaller models available that you can get filters that snap in for protecting against things like that, they aren't too expensive especially compared to your lungs

I want to see you remain healthy so you can keep making these beauties :wink:

if I can get my hands on one of Bill's creations, I'll be a straight shaver for sure!

Absolutely gorgeous & beautiful craftmanship!

marty

Holy :w00t:

shouldn't you be wearing a respirator when doing that?
they have some smaller models available that you can get filters that snap in for protecting against things like that, they aren't too expensive especially compared to your lungs

I want to see you remain healthy so you can keep making these beauties :wink:

Agreed.......you should also invest in an overhead particulate filter for keeping wood dust out of the air. Over time that stuff can be deadly.

Gorgeous work Bill. I haven't seen aluminum lined scales before........they both look phenomenal.

I doubt the two lucky owners minded the wait.

This is a snap of the overhead filter Mark Kane uses in our guitar repair shop.....he was having respiratory problems from rosewood dust. This unit....combined with a face mask solved his problem. he also wears a filtering face respirator when working with CA for guitar finish touchups etc......FWIW:
proxy.php

Beautiful Bill,is the inside of the liners engine turned(jewelled),i cant quite make it out,but appears to be.Best Regards gary

Very nice Bill! I have started wearing a canister mask when dealing with CA, now I just need to find a way to keep my eyes from watering so much! Swimming goggles?

Amazing work, even better to see when one of them is your own!(Le Grelot) Can't wait to get it back. Thanks alot Bill! :thumbup:

Swiftsteel

Well, boys, I know I'm hard-headed, but sometimes my lighbulb does go to the top... joke... *I know it's a mixed metaphor* And I don't care about the grammar neither... :biggrin:

I wear a dual cannister chemical face mask when I'm working with CA. It doesn't seem to help much. Maybe someone can direct me to a website for one of those 3 inch-ish cannisters that works the best.

In the meantime, Stu... if this don't work, I'm selling your razor to someone else... :biggrin:

Top Bottom