What's new

reputable place to buy derby blades...

Im about two weeks into shaving with a DE blade. Started with an old gilette slim and walgreens blades.. tried a sampler pack and like the derbys...the IP reds did not like my face.. now ive already ordered an HD from west coast shaving (should be here today) after reading reviews and some mediterranean citrus from saint chalres shave, again thanks to reviews.. i love pinaud lime but read this might linger a bit more...

soooooooo... derby blades. where is the best place to get them.. I see different prices fluctuate on ebay but dont want to be burned by fakes, if there is such a thing for DE baldes.. ive been burned by fake m3s before and dont want to do that again!

if you can recomned a good lotion to use after that would be great too...my face is not red but a little irratated feeling after..

thanks !

http://www.shavingfactory.com/

is a reputable seller and offers a discount to B&B members.

As for a good aftershave splash/balm/milk/lotion I would recommend the following:

Speick Splash(very soothing, and great scent!)
Nivea balms(readily available)
SaintCharlesShave AS milks are very nice and she has a variety of scents
QED balms(rarely talked about but I think they are also excellent)

Some other pricey but top notch aftershaves are The Gentlemans Refinery(my personal favorite), and Castle Forbes.

I find it very benificial for my skin to apply some thayers with hazel before the AS.

The Shaving Factory is probably one of cheapest places to get Derby's.

I would recommend that you purchase 200 blades because they charge $22 for 100 ($0.22 per blade) or $30 for 200 ($0.15 per blade). They also have a B&B discount, just enter BB for the coupon code when you checkout and you'll save 25%. So, if you order 200 blades with the B&B discount the Derby's are about $0.11 each.

EDIT: oops, vior beat me to the punch, at any rate visit the shaving factory:001_smile

Thanks for the replies.

I guess i should wait till I try a derby in the HD i have comming before i order 200... hopefully ill be satisfied to place the order tonight.

+1 on Shaving Essentials. Great customer service and some of the best prices out there. Plus they include a classy thank you note, which is top notch in my opinion.

I would recommend that you purchase 200 blades because they charge $22 for 100 ($0.22 per blade) or $30 for 200 ($0.15 per blade). They also have a B&B discount, just enter BB for the coupon code when you checkout and you'll save 25%. So, if you order 200 blades with the B&B discount the Derby's are about $0.11 each.

EDIT: oops, vior beat me to the punch, at any rate visit the shaving factory:001_smile

jkh,

Thanks for the tip, great deal!

Just placed an order for 200 from Shaving Factory! Be sure to enter the "BB" code mentioned elsewhere on the forum . . .

+1 on Shaving Essentials. Great customer service and some of the best prices out there. Plus they include a classy thank you note, which is top notch in my opinion.

As well as the classy note, I got some unsolicited free samples and when needed the customer services is absolutely the best.

I think it's important to support the good guys, so I'll be doing repeat business there.

About how long will 200 blades last you? I don't have the thickest facial hair, so I think that should be taken into account.

200 blades times an average of 3 shaves each is 600 shaves. Assuming a shave a day, that's over a year and a half. Not bad when one considers that an eight-pack of Fusion carts costs over thirty bucks, and at four shaves each, give you a month of shaving.

Note also, that right now at least, Shaving Factory is offering free ground shipping to the US and Canada. I ordered some blades from them last Tuesday and received them in the mail on Saturday. I looked at all of sites others mentioned in this thread before I made my decision and that was the best deal I found.

Top Bottom