What's new

best choice

wath is the best? TRUEFITT & HILL 1805 or west indian lime or TAYLOR OF BLOND st.james or rose?

There is no 'best', it's a YMMV thing :biggrin: It's all about personal preference, the quality of T&H and TOBS products is both outstanding.

if there is a Nordtroms department store near you, you can get samples of Truefitt and hill shave creams. They also have Art of shaving, and Acqua di Parma.

I tried the T&H almond, very good cream, but a little to sweet marzipan scent for my liking, and the lime scent I wasn't too crazy about.

You can buy taylor samples from theshaveden.com, Taylors doesn't offer samples directly anymore.

I am learning most everything you read on these boards is a YMMV thing, so you just have to pick a few things and try them yourself, good thing is there is always someone that will pick up what you end up not liking.

My favorite cream by far is TOBS Rose, it's simply outstanding.

I find that most creams are quite similar apart from scent, even TOBS Avocado.

I find the skincare from Rose amazing, and I have never, not once, had irritation, nicks, or cuts, no matter what blade I use with it.

I don't know what I'd do if they stopped making this cream!!! :eek:

For me it goes like this....

T&H vs. T&H.... Winner is 1805! Clean, oceanic scent that I love. ( and I wasn't thrilled about the WIL sample I received )

TOBS vs. TOBS... Winner is St. James! Nice fresh scent, again I think it is aquatic but more perfumed that 1805.

T&H vs. TobS....... T&H. I have never had a problem w/ T&H, meaning a 0 learning curve. It has worked perfectly every time I have used it. I still on occasion make my TOBS cream a little too dry. It is operator error I know this, T&H just has more pity on me.

These are just my experiences., YMMV. i advise you to get some samples or go to B&Ms and sniff around. If you do get a cream you just can't stand, it should be easy to trade or sell it.

Keep in mind you can buy 2 tubs of TOBS for the price of 1 tub of T&H. Double the pleasure double the fun!

duh...rose.

or...avocado for tomorrow.

or 1805 on sunday..

or....ahem....depends on your mood bro.

know if you want a woodsy or floral or oriental .... all fine.

all are good choices, the TH lime is my favorite lime, but TOBS St. James is great as well but obviously a completely different scent

Taylor's Rose by a long shot.

To me, 1805 and St. James are equally generic cologne scents. T&H West Indian Lime is uninspiring after having used Castle Forbes Lime. Taylor's Rose, however, is not just a beautiful fragrance, but the cream works every bit as good as most of the more expensive ones for a lot less $$$.

They're all good however, when it comes to shaving cream, I prefer less perfumed scents. For me, I'd go for the TOBS Rose every time. A fantastic product IMHO.

I like the West Indian Lime or 1805. I think T&H is a much better cream...after all, there is a reason the T&H costs more.

Top Bottom