What's new

Williams

I got a puck of Williams for free a couple months back. I just started using it and It is not as bad as what people make it out to be. I get good lather rather quickly. It is not the best soap that is for sure, but I could make due with this for daily shaving if I needed to.

Williams lathers ok, gives a decent shave. I just find the soap drying to my face.

Can't beat it for $1 though.

-- John Gehman

yep williams aint bad - it lathers like crazy for me and provides a comfortable, slick shave. But it is drying to my skin and I don't care for the scent.

It is what it is and for the money it could be worse. :rolleyes:

Hey when I got tired of using it and wanted to move on to another soap/ cream it works great in the shower. I for one happen to love the old fashioned scent.
Reminds me of Ivory soap with a touch of lemon or citrus blend.

i use williams just about every day and i have no problems with it. yes, it certainly isnt the best but i get great shaves with it, its cheap, and i love the smell of it.

Hey when I got tired of using it and wanted to move on to another soap/ cream it works great in the shower. I for one happen to love the old fashioned scent.
Reminds me of Ivory soap with a touch of lemon or citrus blend.

I think it smells identical to Murphy Oil Soap, which is used to clean wood, not your face by the way.

I think it smells identical to Murphy Oil Soap, which is used to clean wood, not your face by the way.

Mine smells identical to Ivory soap. I mean exactly? I oddly enjoy the smell of Murphy's as well. Dont know about on my face though:w00t:

The first time I tried it was a few months before I heard about DE shaving. I read the back where it said "use a good quality brush" but didn't think that mattered. I rubbed the thing all over my face and shaved ATG with my Fusion. Talk about pain! :eek:

Look how far I've come since then :biggrin:

It should be by the lotions in most larger drug stores. Heck, even the Bi-Lo grocery store chain down south carries it on occasion . . .

Williams works great for me as a shaving stick superlathered with KMF creams. I haven't had as much success using it as "just" a shaving soap (load brush, then build lather). But, that superlather combo is a real winner for me!

V

VR6ofpain

I bought some Tom's of Maine Lemongrass deodorant today. It smells exactly like Williams. I am glad I can have the Williams scent in my day, without the poor shave.

perhaps the puck I smelled at the store was from a bad batch...but I'd swear it smelled exactly like a citronella candle. You know. For keeping bugs at bay. Might be interesting to try on a camping trip.:biggrin:

williams is best if you make the lather right on the soap itself. if you try and lather in a seperate mug it goes away pretty quickly. williams gets the job done as cheaply as possible. plus when you get tired of it just use it in the shower.

Top Bottom