What's new

Aveda

I smelled a nice scent on one of my friends yesterday at my 1000 post party (yes, Joanna I really did have one), actually it was my WIFE that was sniffing first. When I finally got her away from him, I asked him what it was and he said Aveda. I looked at their site and they don't have a cologne or EDT but they do have an aftershave and he didn't specify what it was exactly.

So, does anyone have an idea what it might be, he is out of town and his wife has no clue.

I've only been familiar with the Aveda hair products. They make a good hair product that comes in a Deodorant type package, very convenient for the gym.

Aveda is a private line manufacturing excellent cosmetics, found at upscale shopping areas. (Find L'Occitane and you'll likely find Aveda close by.) In the men's department, they make an excellent shaving cream, a mint-rosemary gel, an after shave balm that is really terrific, (does a great job of healing and protecting the skin, and leaves a very light fresh scent that lingers without overpowering, an excellent body soap, and a spray cologne that has a nice fresh herbal scent --again that lingers without being overpowering. The shave cream and gel don't lather, but they do their job quite well of providing excellent lubrication and protecting the skin.

I'm a huge fan of their rosemary mint hair products and hand soap. Their salons are quite nice too -- not too feminine but very full service and well stocked.

I was just in Aveda yesterday and was looking at their shaving products. they have a liquid aftershave, but looking at the ingredients Alcohol was the first one listed and I set it down, did not pay attention to what it was actually called.

Hi, Bob,
Aveda doesn't make an after shave lotion with alcohol. They have an after-shave balm that is alcohol free. You were probably looking at the tonic, more of a cologne. The after-shave balm is actually quite comforting and seems to provide a protective layer that lasts throughout the day.

Eric.
bearbeard said:
I was just in Aveda yesterday and was looking at their shaving products. they have a liquid aftershave, but looking at the ingredients Alcohol was the first one listed and I set it down, did not pay attention to what it was actually called.

I believe this is what I was talking about. I went into the local store the other day and took a few sprays. Actually very nice, especially at 34.00 a bottle.

proxy.php

AACJ said:
I believe this is what I was talking about. I went into the local store the other day and took a few sprays. Actually very nice, especially at 34.00 a bottle.

proxy.php

So tell us. Is wifie back to sniffing you now?

Top Bottom