What's new

Warm Pants

Living in TX, I don't have much need for winter clothes.

However, I'll be spending some time in Germany in December.

Can anyone recommend some nice warm pants/slacks?

I would like something casual that will keep me warm w/o the need to wear any long underwear (preferably).

I've looked at what Filson offers. I think some of their stuff would work, but everything they offer is brown-tones... no black or charcoals.

I have jeans, but was hoping for something else.

Thanks,
Aaron

Look into Orvis, Aaron. They have some lined stuff that should work well. (Plus some of their heavier cords should do you well.) Cabelas also sells lined pants, IIRC, and in some dressier styles.

fjallraven foester trousers and seeland moleskins are my cold weather trouers of choice when out walking or generally being somewhere cold

I would reccomend LL Bean's flannel lined pants. Available in jeans and khakis. These are warm and not bulky. They do a good job of stopping the wind. I work outside, and wear these on a daily basis during the colder months. I have been very pleased. I believe they are called "double lined chinos".

I know that long underwear wasn't your first choice, but silk long johns are really nice. They are bulky like the old long johns and are comfortable underneath regular pants.

Wool was what I had in mind... it's just the which and where that's giving me the hard time.

aww man. I clicked on this post hoping for crazy shenanigans. How cold does it get in Germany that you need more than a pair of good jeans?

to follow-up now that I've returned from Germany:

I ended up just taking jeans that I already had.

I also took a pair of REI brand silk long underwear and a pair of SmartWool brand medium weight wool long underwear.

The silks were great for days that we were traveling and I didn't have to be outside too much. The SmartWool pair was just awesome for the cold weather. I've never worn a pair of long underwear that was so comfortable.

They run $60 a pair so they aren't cheap, but they are definitely worth it.

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Top Bottom