What's new

Headed to Houston - any good places to buy razors, soaps/creams, A/S & Colognes?

Hey gentlemen,

I have to make a trip to Houston next weekend and I figured that since I have a very limited number of stores around here to help me rebuild my decimated shave den that maybe I can come across some stuf while I'm in Houston. So, I'm wondering if any of you know of some specialty stores in the Houston area that sell any or all of the following:

any of the quality/hard to find soaps and creams
and of the high quality/niche/hard to find aftershaves and colognes
razors
strops
hones

Thanks!!

So far, the only place that I know of is The Beauty Cafe which is a very small high-end niche Perfume/Cologne Boutique.

Jester

Also within a few minutes of British Isles, you can stop by Central Market and pick up some Provence Sante and Pre de Provence.

Here are directions from British Isles to Central Market.

There is also a whole foods market on the way to central market if you want to get some KMF or Dr Bronners soaps.

Ok, here is the updated directions for where to stop to get the most out of your time:

Shopping route

You start off at British Isles, go to Whole Foods, next is Central Market, then L'Occitane, finally you end up at the Galleria.

British Isles - MWF. Trumpers, Taylors, (maybe DR Harris was mentioned they might be ordering some a while back)
Whole Foods - KMF, Dr Bronners, Thayers Witch Hazel
Central Market - Pre de Provence, Provence Sante
L'Occitane - shaving soaps, creams, colognes, etc
Galleria - Crabtree & Evelyn, Nordstroms

Ok, here is the updated directions for where to stop to get the most out of your time:

Shopping route

You start off at British Isles, go to Whole Foods, next is Central Market, then L'Occitane, finally you end up at the Galleria.

British Isles - MWF. Trumpers, Taylors, (maybe DR Harris was mentioned they might be ordering some a while back)
Whole Foods - KMF, Dr Bronners, Thayers Witch Hazel
Central Market - Pre de Provence, Provence Sante
L'Occitane - shaving soaps, creams, colognes, etc
Galleria - Crabtree & Evelyn, Nordstroms

I think that about covers it...I buy most of my 'stuff' online, but that route covers all of the stores I have even looked at buying shave 'stuff' at

Thanks guys! We have Whole Foods and L'Occitane here, but I'll definitely make it by the British Isles, even if I can't afford to buy anything. The customers who come in after me will have to wipe the drool off of everything!!!

Jester

The prices at British Isles are pretty competitive on soaps and creams. The brushes are a bit higher, but they did carry a few simpson and kent brushes. They may even have a pre vulfix simpson there.

Top Bottom