What's new

Provence Sante--Best For Straight Razor Shaves

Hello All,

When Provence Sante first arrived in the mail about a month ago, I thought I had made my first shaving soap aquisition mistake. The scent, to me was overpowering. My wife said it smelled like bathroom cleaner. I tried it a few times and it does provide a very slick and dense lather, but hey, so did Tabac and I enjoy the scent of Tabac much more. I also thought Provence Sante was very irritating. So, Provence Sante was banished.

Then one day, I decided to break out Provence Sante for a straight razor shave. My straight did not skip once and I received one of the best shaves of my life and with no irritation. Turns out Provence Sante and T&H Pre-Sahve oil do not mix well for me. :001_huh: So, today I once again tried another Provence/Straight razor combo with the exact same superior results. :biggrin: I did not know a shave could be this close. While I still enjoy the scents of Tabac, T&H LSS and Proraso more, my straight tends to skip more with those and I do not get as close a shave. Provence Sante's banishment is now officially over. The scent has also grown on me too.

Give Provence Sante a try!!!

Bruce, your reaction to the scent of Provence Sante was just like mine. I just thought it was too overpoweringly "perfumey". So I just let it sit open and the scent has disspated quite a bit. I also agree that this is one of the best lathers you can get. It's easily as slick as Tabac and that is not saying a little.

Regards, Todd

Hi Bruce,
Todd will tell you that I qualify as a Provence Santé fanboy. A part of my Savons Français Rotation, there is something special about the blend of shea butter and talc in this soap. BTW, the redware is spiffy too!:001_wub:

The PS soap is among the slickest products out there. It is difficult to do any skin stretching it is so slippery. Also shaves wicked close. Hmm, perhaps it is time to move it up in the rotation. :rolleyes5

guenron said:
Hi Bruce,
Todd will tell you that I qualify as a Provence Santé fanboy.

I certainly can! It's one of the best kept non-secrets around. I first developed an interest in it after seeing our own Lathermeister's Vive la Difference post. Truth to tell, the redware bowl was the main attraction. Happily the usage surpassed the visual. I'm telling you guys, this stuff is on a par with Tabac. It is very conditioning as well. I'm not huge on the scent but the shave is second to none.

Regards, Todd

guenron said:
Hi Bruce,
Todd will tell you that I qualify as a Provence Santé fanboy. A part of my Savons Français Rotation, there is something special about the blend of shea butter and talc in this soap. BTW, the redware is spiffy too!:001_wub:

Hi Ron,

Glad to hear from you. It was definitely your review that got me interested (during my shameless lurking days) in Provence Sante. I have to say, that I enjoy Provence Sante quite a bit now. In fact, I have used it for last four days because it is soooooo slick, moisturizing and consistently provides BBS shaves. Still not my favorite scent. But hey, that is why we all buy so many soaps. In a word...VARIETY.

Thanks Ron for such a good recommendation.

I've heard about this shaving product but I can't seem to find out where to buy it. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Fred

Is the refill shown on that site the same as the stuff in the bowl (I only ask because the color looks differenct - probably just the lighting).

Ok, I lied, I actually asked because I got a sample of the Green Tea shave cream, and I love the way it smells, but am not nuts about the way it lathers, so I would love it if the soap had that scent, which it appears not to...

Top Bottom