What's new

aloe vera as shaving gel

i just bought a bottle og aloe vera gel and on the back it said it could be used as shave gel (as well as hair gel too...a concept i may just try)

anyone ever try this?

I'm not familiar with your brand, but the Aloe Vera gel I have (Natureade) soaks in and dries quickly. I couldn't see it being used as a shave gel. Makes a great after shave balm though.

The naturistas tout aloe gel used as-is for everything you can think of from a beverage (seriously!) to a shave gel to a hair pomade . . .

I've used Friends of the Earth brand aloe vera gel as a shave gel with good results. Before I returned to using a mug and a brush, I was considering losing Edge and using AV gel instead. It's a nice balm also.

I've used a leaf snapped off an Aloe Vera plant on my skin before now with great results - don't tell SWMBO though - she didn't notice the missing leaf :biggrin:

i saw a bottle of aloe vera juice in my parents fridge. i think it was for constipation of something...

might make a good homeade aftershave...little glycerin, some rose water, aloe vera juice...sounds nice :rolleyes:

if you really load the gel on your face it is quite slick, but once you start rubbing it really soaks in good. can't see it replacing anything in my rotation

Top Bottom