What's new

water softener = less cleaning

So I never gave this much thought, but my neighbour (who I had given a Tech and some blades and Proraso stuff to a couple of months ago) asked me how I clean the soap scum off my safety razor after using it for awhile.... I told him "I don't get any residue build up at all...We have a water softener at home! "

Anyway, I thought it worth mentioning here in case this has not been brought up.

my razors are totaly covered by this fine white powder, hard water,
i was looking over them today, and i noticed how filthy they were,

i will pick up a bottle of zippo fuel tommorow and try it,

I keep a small baby food jar on my sink filled with Barbicide. I dip my razors into it after I rinse them off, and let them soak for about 5 minutes. I then let them air dry. They always come out clean with the added advantage(as if I needed it) of being sterile. If I forget to soak them for a few days, they do get the "scale", which is a pain to get off. But if I let it soak in the Barbicide, it wipes right off. And trust me when I say I have hard water. My water is orange, not just my sink/toilet/tub/coffee maker.

I never gave much thought that there might be soap scum/build up on razors after use. Of course, I have a water softener, so I haven't had any issues, either....

on a side note, how have you adjusted your lathering to compensate? Do you find you use much less cream? I'm new to this, but I find that the "snurdle" almond sized dollop gives me enough lather to probably do 10 passes if I wanted....

Top Bottom