What's new

Favorite lime/citrus?

Only tried the KMF lime....it shaves good and great price but very subtle scent that dissapears soon. From previous inquries I have heard that Castle Forbes makes a great lime cream. Expensive though.

As blade mentioned..vulfix smells like?synthetic lime, CF smells very nice but pricey(Colonial Drug will ship free!), T&H smells very nice but pricey as well, TOBS lemon/lime smells yummy and the best bang for your buck.

I think the T&H is a great scent and a wonderful performing shave cream. I would also highly recommend Castle Forbes.

CF is amazing! SCS lime is nice and a fraction on the cost compared to CF but if money is of no concern - go for the CF, it's really quite unique.

CF is the best I've tried. Trumper's is good, but not that strong. Taylor's Lemon-Lime has more of a creamy/sweet smell to it, imo. Reminds me of frosting or something. Not bad, but not what I was expecting when I ordered a citrus smelling cream.

T&H West Indian Limes is nice, and the scent lingers on me. However, it dries out my skin to the point that it's uncomfortable.

Cyril R. Salter's Lime cream is on my list of creams to try. From what I've read, it's not very drying, if at all.

Thanks for the input so far. Price is not really a major concern, the inexpensive North American creams that you´ve mentioned generally end up costing the same as the european brands if you include shipping costs to Northern Europe. I don´t mind paying for quality in any case.

If price is no concern, go for the Castle Forbes Lime. It is, by far, the best I have encountered in many years of shaving. I love the scent of lime in the hotter months here in California and this cream certainly fills the bill for me.

My best to everyone.

PJR

Another vote for T&H West Indies Lime. SWMBO likes the smell also, which is always a nice bonus.

Top Bottom