What's new

Chanel Allure Homme Sport AS Soother

Just a note on this product folks. I've not seen it mentioned on here before so thought I'd share my experience.

It's expensive stuff but worth it particularly if you use this fragrance cologne too. It smells the same so compliments the cologne.

It's really good. At first it looks terrible when it goes on. Really white & a little thick, kinda like sun factor, but when it goes in it sure soothes (as the name suggests).

I've previously found scented products irritate the hell outta me, but not this one. Plus it's SPF 15 (might explain the texture) which means it'll give you a bit of sun protection too... Which is not much good here in rainy old Ireland.

Anyway bottom line, if you have the cologne, you'll love this AS.

thanks for this update. I actually use & like this fragrance, but wasn't sure the aftershave was worth the $$. so this is very helpful :001_smile

Yeah no problem. As I say it's a little weird at first. Like no other balm I've used before. That's why sun factor was really the only thing to describe it to.

If you really work it in or just be patient and leave it a few minutes it goes right in. If not you'll look like you've white "goth" makeup on.

I've previously had other expensive "designer" brand skin products such as Hugo Boss Skin which was really terrible. Stayed sticky for hours etc.

This is really an exception though. Great cooling & calming properties.

Thanks for the tip! I've been using this fragrance for the past year, & really enjoy it. I had no idea Chanel produced a matching after shave balm.

Great! I'm pretty new to DE wet-shaving but an old hand at EDT's & Balms!... I hope you guys like it. Of course like everything in this "hobbie", it'll come down to personal preference. Some of you may hate it.

What I will attest to though is that this stuff's very gentle. Before discovering the "propper" way to shave, I used to look like a butcher's block after shaving. Also I've very sensitive skin. Even then this stuff did not sting me.

BTW, in the US it's marketed as AS Soother. In Europe it's called AS Balm (I think), but for some reason it's not listed as being SPF 15. I don't know if it is or isn't the same product. Anyway, mine is the US version. Picked it up on a trip to NYC. The strength of the Euro makes for good shopping!!

Just wonderig if any of you have tried this stuff yet (since last post) and whether or not you agree with me?

Top Bottom