What's new

Wood Shave Soap Bowl Addiction Disorder

So I have a thing for shaving soaps in wooden bowls. Thus far:
C&E Nomad x 2
TOBS Lavender
DH Harris Almond (Mahogany)

The DH Harris seems to have the nicest wood bowls. C&E has the cheapest prices. AOS seems pricey, but may be my next purchase. Enabling suggestions welcome!:biggrin:

So I have a thing for shaving soaps in wooden bowls. Thus far:
C&E Nomad x 2
TOBS Lavender
DH Harris Almond (Mahogany)

The DH Harris seems to have the nicest wood bowls. C&E has the cheapest prices. AOS seems pricey, but may be my next purchase. Enabling suggestions welcome!:biggrin:

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet or English Fern maybe?

There was one mentioned awhile back that was $90; the name is right on the tip of my toungue, but I can't quite grasp it. I'm sure someone will proffer it up sooner or later...

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet or English Fern maybe?

Yes. +1. Both. :biggrin:

I have the same WSSBAD (wooden shave soap bowl acquisition disorder). Thus far it's Trumper's Rose, Pen's Blenheim & English Fern, Harris Marlborough, & AoS Unscented.

Yes. +1. Both. :biggrin:

I have the same WSSBAD (wooden shave soap bowl acquisition disorder). Thus far it's Trumper's Rose, Pen's Blenheim & English Fern, Harris Marlborough, & AoS Unscented.

For me, the T&H Luxury SS is expected to arrive within 48 hrs. :biggrin:

Acca Kappa, I believe.

Thats the one. But the soap refills are only about $20, so you're pretty much just buying a nice wooden bowl at that price.

proxy.php

Around Seattle you can't find the C&E bowls. I have several pucks and only one bowl.

I might get a some CADE so I can have a nice stainless bowl.

Caswell Massey bowls are nice. The soap is VERY YMMV, but the bowls are nice and about $16 US.

Also, Bath House makes a very nice sounding Spanish Fig and Nutmeg soap in a beautiful bowl. Retails around $34 US I believe.

Agreed Chris. I have a Caswell bowl that I bought on sale with the sandalwood variety of soap in it. Well, that soap is still lurking somewhere or may have made it to the dust bin. I can't remember which. The bowl however has a place of prominence in my toiletry locker. It contains the mighty Blenheim Bouquet shave soap. A perfect match. The soap is perfection and the bowl is a deep reddish brown mahogany colour with some lighter coloured streaks going through it. It was made for something like the Penhaligon's. I do wish Caswell Massey would contract with someone for a replacement soap. There's is abomination to me. The scent was thoroughly synthetic and bore no resemblance to sandalwood that I could tell. I may be completely off base but it seems to me I remember someone posting long ago the Penhaligon's wooden bowls were not well sealed and warped fairly easily. I have a hard time with that. Everything I have gotten from them so far has been top shelf in the packaging department.

For the original poster. Those D.R. Harris mahogany bowls are quite nice, yes? I have the Marlborough and Lavender in that variety and they are simply gorgeous.

Regards, Todd

I had Don McIvor make me a wooden bowl, shaving brush and brush stand. BEAUTIFUL!!!! If you like pretty wood, check him out.

Top Bottom