What's new

Penhaligon's Castile - first impression from an utter newbie

Hi guys,

i'm a complete newbie here, so what i'm saying is probably completely misinformed. But here goes:

I've just started DE shaving a week or so ago, and came across a Penhaligon's shop & went in to get some of their EdP for my girlfriend. They had the Castile cream 'on sale' at £10 for 150ml tube (roughly 18 USD?), so I thought i'd give it a go - a bit more expensive than Taylor's & Proraso (not actually used these yet - the green tub is waiting for it's turn). But I was curious.

I tried the cream today morning ( i know, i'm naughty for breaking from the 1month-1razor-1cream, etc. pattern... :frown:), and i felt that it was much easier for me to build lather from this cream than it was from the soap puck I was using until now. The shave itself was very pleasant, though my technique leaves much to be desired (pressing too much!!! :eek:)

After I was done, something very familiar struck me about the scent of the Castile cream - I realised that (to me?) its smell quite similar to DR Harris's "Arlington" (the soap puck I was using until now).

Am I completely misguided in finding this simililarity?

Anyways, I'm glad i tried the cream - I might stick with the cream for 1month now, and get back to the soap puck when I gain some experience.

Top Bottom