What's new

Taylors sandalwood

after reading many reviews on creams i decided to get a tub of taylors as my first real cream(though now it will be my second after kyles review of toms of main mint forced me to scrounge whole foods until i found it) and i choose sandalwood because my girlfriend loves the sent. ive heard that as far as the sent its kinda "eh" as far as sandalwood goes and it isnt strong or dosnt last long. so while i wait im curious to everybodys opinion of taylors sandalwood sent. should i have gotten a different scent or maybe a different cream since i was set on sandalwood?

You made a good choice choosing Taylors. Their shaving creams are in my top three list. You'll definitely get a great shave at a great price. Don't worry too much about the scent. If it gets to you and you like it, I'd say use it! If you can't stand the scent, then hold onto it for a few weeks and just sell it on the b/s/t. Someone will definitely be happy to take it off your hands.

If you want to compare, I've got Trumpers sandalwood cream I can send a sample of (though in my opinion, Taylors outperforms Trumpers).

TOBS is a fine cream. I have never tried the Sandalwood, I did try the Almond, St. james, Avocado and Rose. I am not a fan of the Almond but I am not fond of any Almond scented cream except SAO by C&E.

The tub I have is strong and lasts all day. Almost too strong at first, but it grew on me and now I will definitely get more when it's gone.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
TOBS creams are very good indeed. The sandalwood scent is sort of a-typical compared to most sandalwood scents out there (almost all versions are combinations of various complimentary scents, not a sandalwood-only scent.) If you don't like the scent, don't worry, the scents of the creams tend not to last too long. If you do like the scent, you can get basically the same scent from TOBS in their resonably-priced aftershave and cologne.

Top Bottom