What's new

whats your favorite beer?

Ale:
proxy.php

Lager:
proxy.php

After dark:
proxy.php

Picked up some Old Speckled hen tonight. Delicious beer. Thanks for the tip.

i know all of you whom drink have your favorites, so what are they and where did you first have them? local and international. my favorite local beer is ziegen bock, first time i had it i split a pitcher with a old band mate at a local pizza joint. my favorite international has got to be bass pale ale, which i first bought on a whim because its from england and i wasnt too big on new castle.

Oskar Blue's Ten Fidy

Unfortunately, Oskar Blue's doesn't have distribution in my area, so it is a rare treat. So a few of my other favorites:
Southern Tier Iniquity Black Ale
Lagunitas *** Ale
Rogue Chocolate Stout
Southern Tier Jahva Stout

My preference is any beer that is cold, wet, (preferably comes in a large pitcher) and is bought for me by someone else :a17:

Weihenstephan Vitus. Its a delicious Weizen Bock. I like it best around 45-50 degrees, the flavors mellow and really pop out! Drink any TRUE weizen beer cold and it is not a good taste, IMO. Cold beer is a selling point for crappy american lagers :)

Goose Island Pere Jacques is also delicous!

I don't drink a whole lot of either, but on occasion I splurge and buy a bottle. I mostly drink my homebrew unless I am out to dinner. No reason to buy beer when there is homebrew around :)

Last edited:
was just pif'd bourbon county stout by a friend...he says it is his favorite, but i can't seem to bring myself to drink it at the price it is going for on ebay....i feel like if i don't like it, then i should return the unused to him

This is difficult. I drink a lot of my own homebrew as well as a huge variety of other, mostly California-brewed beers. The one brew I think I'd prefer to have in my fridge at all times, as non-extreme as it is, is Anchor Brewing's Anchor Steam Ale.

Top Bottom