What's new

whats your favorite beer?

The Champagne of Beers

$580.jpg

Two Brothers Brewing Co. - Sidekick (pale ale) and Cane and Ebel (red rye made with cane sugar)
&
Solemn Oath Brewery - Kidnapped by Vikings and Snaggle Tooth (both IPA's)
Sorry fellas... You don't live around the Chicago west burbs, no way to get it. Growlers only.. And they change brews all the time. Always seems to be something new drawing there every couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Hands down the Black Butte 21 Anniversary Ale. I wish I would have bought more bottles of them while they were around. They were the Rolls Royce of craft beer! You want to talk about a beer that is dark, bold, and leaves a mouth watering taste of dark chocolate afterwards - this is your beer.

Since it's no longer around though I recently had Karl Strauss' Barrel Aged Wrecked Alley Imperial Stout - man this thing was delicious! If you like a sweeter dark beer look no further. This hits all the notes of a dessert beer while still quenching the thirst of a first round pint. The richly flavored union of dark chocolate and espresso is unsurpassed and leaves you wanting to come back for more.

I'm liking the entire Innis and Gunn range: original, toasted oak, and rum finish;
San Miguel
Leffe
Duvel
Brooklyn pre-prohibition style, all-malt lager

A few of my favourites:

Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Innis & Gunn Oak Aged
Well's Banana Bread
Leffe Blonde
Erdinger Weissbier
Fuller's Honeydew

Favourite lager - Moosehead
Favourite stout - Guinness
Favourite cream - Kilkenny
Favourite pilsner - Creemore Springs and Belle Guele
Favourite German - Glaabsbraeu 1744, available locally in Seligenstadt, Germany where I had in 2012$25.jpg

I normally love a good IPA or a double IPA and many craft breweries make them, so it's hard to pin down a favorite. The local breweries in Richmond, VA have some of the best.

With that said, when I was stationed at Fort Riley, KS I really drank a lot of Boulevard Beer and found this Tank 7 one night in 2009 in KC. Love this stuff. I was happy when I was sent back to Independence, MO for a year so I was able to drink tons of it and their other beers. I can even buy it here now :thumbup1:

$B35ABD77-B39B-4B37-A4F7-956923AB0AA1_zpsmgxefmv4.jpg

My favorite of all time, so far, for the longest time is still Three Floyds Alpha King Pale Ale. Absolutely fantastic pale ale. Just the right amount of hoppy bitterness with a unique crisp and creamy finish. Wonderful. I believe they are brewed somewhere in Indiana.

Top Bottom