What's new

whats your favorite beer?

rightnow, my homemade winter porter... a robust porter spiced with cinnamon, ginger, orange zest and chocolate, a hefty malt bill and a nice mild hop... its about 5.5-6%ABV, thick and rich on the tongue with a nice flavor pallet...

Israeli "GOLDSTAR". Classic, unbeatable, cheap. A legend.

$goldstar.jpg

Last edited:
Made a visit yesterday to the Russian River Brewing Co in Santa Rosa, Ca for their Pliny the Younger release.
Pliny the Younger is the best beer in the world, and that's not just my opinion.

proxy.php

Dave

Last edited:
Made a visit yesterday to the Russian River Brewing Co in Santa Rosa, Ca for their Pliny the Younger release.
Pliny the Younger is the best beer in the world, and that's not just my opinion.

proxy.php

Dave

Congrats on the Pliney. Hope to try this one in the future. While very good I am sure, the rankings have it as the second best beer in the world behind

Westvleteren 12

Fin du monde, quite possibly the best brewed in the great white north

Just tried this for the first time yesterday. The smoothness truly belies the 9% alcohol level, and this stuff can really sneak up on a person.

Excellent brew, but I still think I prefer Maudite over this one.

Amstel Light & Guinness (Keystone light will always have a special place in my heart, it was the beer of choice at my college)

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Hard call as always changing.
local (NZ) - EPIC ARMAGEDDON IPA
In the beginning, there was nothing. Then an impish brewer piled a ludicrous amount of hops into a batch of beer. This zymurgical big bang is Epic Armageddon, an apocalyptic assault on your preconceptions and taste buds. It may be too huge for this fragile planet so enjoy this beer like it was the last one on Earth.

International. Leffe Blond

quite an old topic but ill chime in. I have been preferring Bud Light Lime for the past year. Before that it has been just bud light.

Spent an evening with the St. Bernardus range last night. Tasted Pater, Prior, Tripel, and the magnificent St. Bernardus 12. Superb across the board with the St. Bernardus 12 Abt being the star of the evening and maybe one of the best beers I have ever had. Interestingly, Westvleteren 12 and St. Bernardus 12 share the same recipe. Some of the guys in the tasting group I am in that have had both had quite a discussion and it seems as though a couple of them thought the taste profile was very similar to the point of being almost indistinguishable in a blind tasting. Interesting for sure. A couple of guys thought Rochefort 10 more closely resembled Westvleteren 12. In any event the St. Bernardus 12 is outstanding. Though officially labled an abby beer, if you are a trappist beer fan and have never tried it, get a bottle. It's history is closely linked with Westvleteren.

Top Bottom